Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 1

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Heres some more info.The GM and Holden dealers have programs called TIS2000 and TIS2WEB.These programs can update the tech 1 & tech 2. Concerning the tech 1 ,You need a tech 1A,which has the rs-232 ports built in on the side,if you have the first tech 1,you need a special cartridge which has the rs-232 port built in to the cartridge,and goes into the top slot of the tech 1.Connect it up and download whatever holden vehicle specs you want .You need a Mass Storage Cartridge to be able to do this though.These MSC's are hard to get hold of.Ive got a copy of the TIS2000 for opel and vauxhall cars.I set it up on my computer and downloaded the stuff to my tech 1,works well.You can actually connect the tech 1 to the car,then connect the tech 1 to a computer and you can use the computer screen for a display ,You can reflash the ECU this way if you have a copy of an updated ECU file(available from TIS2WEB)(cant be done on all cars).You can also get special cartridges which can take control of the engine instead of the ecu,it can test all sensors and ecu performance and settings etc. I wish I could get the Holden/Australian version of TIS2000,access to every holden made for Australia,but I cant find a copy of it.Im still waiting for the commodore VS cartridge,and as soon as I get them I will post more stuff here.

Last edited:

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
mate id be happy to use that tech1a lol are you in melb??? lol id love to play around with that thing wish i had scored that

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Na mate,not near melbourne.northern nsw.Yeah,its a good bit of kit.But its useless without the right software and adaptors,which are nearly impossible to get hold of,(unless you work for holden of course),but then you wouldnt bother with it, you would just use their tech 2 instead.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Still no luck with the Cartridges,Im still waiting on a couple of people to get back to me, but if someone can get hold of these cartridges,would it be possible to come to you and make copies of them.This is done with an eprom burner and 27c type eprom chips,which depending on their size and cartridge type are 256kb,512kb,1mb,2,mb or 4 mb.I just swap the copied chips into some USA cartridges I have.I would pay a good sum for this if anyone can help.Thanks.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
lol you pretty much just told the only 2 authorities on anything to do with this to get stuffed.

delco and greenfoam have forgotten more about tuning and commodores than you will ever learn.

I'm not sure he told anybody to get stuffed. Didn't the VP fob have some sort of encoding in it????

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I think VR was the first to use a programmed key fob for VATS.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I think VR was the first to use a programmed key fob for VATS.

nfi what VATS is - just my VP had/has a fob that needed to be pressed to start the car unless the keything is turned in the passenger "A" Pillar.

Reaper

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Vehicle Anti Theft System-VATS.I thought the VP used a seperate remote for this,not the actual key.My oldies VP uses a seperate remote to turn the Immobiliser on/off.(which can also be over-ridden via bypass keyswitch in the front passenger door jamb or A pillar).The ignition key itself looks like theres nothing even in the keyhead or(keyfob),it just looks like a piece of plastic.Completely different from the VR/VS and newer models keys.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There has to be someone who can get hold of these cartridges that wants to make a few hundred bucks.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I've got access to a load of Tech1 cartridges including VN, both VR ones and VS. Only downside is that i'm in Melb and the cartridges can't leave my work : (