Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 1

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Is there any chance of making copies of them.I can come to you to do this.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Will PM you about it!

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive actually got a spare Tech 1 machine I will give to anyone who can get me access to these cartridges so I can copy them..On top of paying for them as well.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
Nice toy, wish I could get one :)

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Brett_jjj you have PM

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
There was someone the other night in a forum that was talking about "sniffing"the data that is sent between the Tech 1 and the ECU to see how it communicates,very interesting stuff.They were trying to access (Via home computer/laptop and efilive)the SRS module to turn off(reset) the SRS warning light, but something wouldnt work with it.Although they could access the ECU and ABS module and reset them.

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Heres some more info for anyone interested..The MSC Mass Storage Cartridges are not used in Australia for the Tech 1 as far as I can find out.The Dealers here didnt get the option to update the Tech 1 either online,or by dvd/cd.They had to buy the single cartridges for individual cars.Only North American Operations,Opel (England etc)and Isuzu have the updates available for the Tech 1 through TIS2000.Maybe the market here is too small for them to have worried about it .A lot of dealers I've talked to about it didnt even know that the Tech 1 can be updated or even connected to another device.Aparently most of them have the first Tech 1 that needs a special cartridge(which they also didnt get here) with the RS232 port to connect it to another computer or terminal.Most dealers certainly wont go out of their way to help anyone who wants to get infomation about all this stuff though,some of em seem to act like its a big military secret or something.Like the Holden dealer at Muswellbrook,NSW(yes,Im naming them,their service dept manager is an idiot and a liar and people need to be warned to keep their cars away from him),when I enquired about the Tech 1,he told me that they had never even heard of a Tech 1 or Tech 2,and went on with a heap of lies,expecting me to believe it.I didnt say anything to him about it,I just let him go.Imagine taking your car there,You couldn't trust em to fix a billycart.They seem to think its nothing to tell lies.I wonder how many people they have done that to that have had work done there etc.Not a good thing for a so-called Holden service manager to be doing.Some other dealers were pretty good though,and very helpful with info.Another dealer said that they can get an "aftermarket "VS commodore cartridge through Holden Australia,but they want $900 for it,and it hasnt even got all the stuff the dealer OEM one has.
When I finally get this thing up and running I will post here some more info,hopefully it will be about what it can and cant do etc.It has been a quick ,steep learning curve,thats for sure.I must have phoned nearly every dealer in NSW chasing software and info etc.And spent days reading stuff about it.I just cant wait to use it,and do some experimenting.

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
sounds good brett, im eager to decyfer some of the code so i can find out how to use say efilive to issue commands to other modules.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I think a few people want to do the same thing,I hope I can help everyone with this stuff when its up and running.Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I finally got the cartridges I need,well actually I had to burn the eprom for them from BIN files that I made from another set.I have ended up with all the Commodore VN-VS service and dealer OEM cartridges,and others for camira,astra and isuzu etc.The cartridges have different pcb types.Theres about 4 different ones that Ive seen,and you need the right one for a certain sized eprom chip ,and the jumper settings on the pcb's need to be set as well.Ive worked out how to turn USA cartridges into Aussie ones.I will be doing some stuff with it later which I will post here.I had a quick look tonite though.Its excellent,program new keys,retrieve BCM and key and radio security codes.Test heaps of different stuff through the BCM,like turn the indicators and lights on and off,wipers on and off,test the radiator fans,test the central locking, read and clear or reset srs,abs and ecu errors.Its excellent being able to access stuff that you usually need to see a dealer for. Will post some more soon.

Last edited: