Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 Australian software cards available. (genuine GM - not chinese)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The Tech 2 will still be used for the older cars though (VT to VE). Over in the USA and Europe it will be ,so I guess Australia will follow suit.. Similar to how the Tech 1 is still used for the VN to VS models.
The GM MDI ( Multiple Diagnostics Interface) and laptop will be replacing the tech 2 for all new 2012 models I think it is.. These MDI's and laptops are already for sale on ebay for around $4000.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Will wait and see I guess... the technical trainer was saying its being phased out all together because its unreliable, and alot of them are.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Apparently the MDI package hasnt been the big fix they thought it was going to be either, they are having problems with it in the USA, problems killing ECU's when they are being reflashed with updated ECU eeprom versions etc.
Have you checked out Tech2win yet. Tech 2 interface screeen on your computer and will allow you to connect to a car via the MDI interface..Pretty interesting stuff I thought. Its to be released ,or has already been released too.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Thats what was mentioned as the tech 2's replacement, because the actual scan tool itself has too many problems... its been used by the tech trainers for years without a problem, I just dont know why it has been so long to come into use I n the workshop, would make diagnosis time so much faster.
but again, how much is it going to cost? Cos I know how much an MDI and cable is on its own....

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I`m planning on keeping the vs for awhile yet.
In the long term somewhere down the track would it be better to go to a helteck computer system??????

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive done a bit of asking around about this update stuff, and theres no need to ever update the tech 2 if you are using it for VT,VX,VY,VZ or up to 2011 VE. Once you have the holden card ,youve always got it, theres no need to update it to keep it working or whatever. There may be future updates released for later model VE commy. This would be the only time you would need to update the card, so for most people, these cards will be fine.
Ive got a copy of Tech2win, you can download it from the net easily enough if you want to check it out. Its just a tech 2 emulator.Ive actually got the holden software from the card, running on it too..
Ive also come across a menu for VS commodore in the tech 2 vehicle choices. Its only got the 5.7 V8 engine choice, so Id say this is for when they first bought in the 5.7 litre engine. The tech 1 VS cartridge doesnt mention the 5.7 litre engine in its options menu. Now I know why,they used the tech 2 for these VS's instead of the tech 1.

Last edited:

AiRHeaD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais, VY S
Hi are these cards still available.?

Tried to pm u, your inbox is full

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I'm after a price on a vr and vn/vq cartridge and a link to a tech 1 unit if possible please
Sent From My Galaxy S2 Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
For anyone thats interested I can now supply chinese "cloned" tech 2 cards loaded with 1997 to 2012 holden australia software. (Version 136.000). These cards are way cheaper than the genuine cards that are available from the USA but they will still work exactly the same.
Seeing the cloned tech 2 kits can now be found online for around $500 and will probably come down even more yet, its getting to a point now where a couple of mates can throw in a couple a hundred bucks each and get themselves a complete tech 2 kit that will do most things that previously they would have had to go to a holden dealer for (which aint cheap as some will already know). The proper aussie software card is the hardest part to get hold of, and a blank genuine card is nearly as expensive as a complete cloned tech 2 kit, so if you need one of these cheap aussie holden cards, or need a card loaded with aussie software, give us a yell.

I can also supply the following tech 2 software and/or cards if needed -(Cards supplied are brand new)

Isuzu Truck -version 11.560
Isuzu Truck CAN-version 133.002
Isuzu NAO- version 28.003 (USA isuzu)
Holden Australia -version 121.000 (1996 to 2011)
Holden Australia -version 136.000 (1996 to 2012)
Opel-Vauxhall - version 131.000
Suzuki X7- version 28.007
Suzuki 07 - version 01.240.022
Saab - version 145.000
NAO - version 30.007 (for all USA GM vehicles)
NAO - version 32.004 (for all USA GM vehicles up to 2013 models)

EDIT- Ive just had the australian software version 140.000 also become available. Its pretty much the same as version 136.000, as both are 2012 versions. All these holden australia cards will work from Commodore VS models, right through to the latest VE models (works on all V6 and V8's, supercharged V6 and factory LPG vehicles.) Also suits Statesman, Caprice, Cruise, Astra, Vectra, Captiva, Rodeo, Barina, just to name a few of the other aussie holden vehicles that are also listed on these cards.

EDIT#2- Pff, forgot to put up a price. Its $140 (delivered) for a brand new tech2 card programmed with the aussie software version 140 (or any other software in the above list if you need it instead). If you want to send me your own card for programming, it'll cost $60.
Brand new genuine bosch tech 2 cards are still available from the USA also, they cost around $470-$500 (depending on the aussie dollar)and come loaded with aussie holden software.
Australian tech 1 cartridges are also available for $100 each..

Last edited: