Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 Australian software cards available. (genuine GM - not chinese)

Bonnie42

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Excutive
Chinese GM tech 2

Ive just found out that these genuine tech 2 software cards will indeed work in the cheap cloned tech 2 scan tool. I didnt think they would work, but I have just put a genuine card into a cloned cheap version of the tech 2 scan tool, I pluged it into a VX commodore and it worked fine.

I followed advice given and bought the Australian Tech 2 and software,shipped from the US while a friend ordered the cheaper one from China.Guess what? They were the same,so we looked into it.China makes them,ships them to US and the UK who ups the price and sells them or exports them to Australia.If you look closely you will see made in China / Hong Kong and packaged / distributed by the US company or now Australian companies.My friend saved over $4ooo

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, all these cloned tech 2 units are made in china and sold elsewhere. Ive noticed theres a lot of people on ebay etc etc trying to sell these kits as genuine kits.. Genuine units from bosch cost around $4000 USD just for a basic starter kit.. Genuine tech2 cards are around $500 each. If a brand new tech 2 kit is cheaper than this, then its a fake. You can get a complete kit now for around $400 directly from china..

Litoris_Mike

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
I'm looking at getting one of these cheap chinese Tech2 setups. How can I determine whether the kit comes with the EXPORT Holden Data card or the HOLDEN AUSTRALIA data card?

And brett_jjj are you able to supply the tech2 + software?

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
I was looking at buying a Vetronix Holden Tech 2 Version 147 from ebay. Was wondering if you can reprogram dash clusters (ie Program new cluster with the old cluster's original odometer km reading) with it? Without issues with the TIS Security?

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I was looking at buying a Vetronix Holden Tech 2 Version 147 from ebay. Was wondering if you can reprogram dash clusters (ie Program new cluster with the old cluster's original odometer km reading) with it? Without issues with the TIS Security?

147? guessing you mean V142?

Either way, tech2 will not reprogram the clusters odo once its past 100km's. And if the cluster was to have under 100kms, you would still require TIS security access to perform the change.
Tech2 should be able to do all other changes eg. speedo, trans, v6/v8.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I'm looking at getting one of these cheap chinese Tech2 setups. How can I determine whether the kit comes with the EXPORT Holden Data card or the HOLDEN AUSTRALIA data card?

And brett_jjj are you able to supply the tech2 + software?

Yes, I dont supply the actual kits, but I can supply the aussie holden software cards.

Ntmts

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3
GDay Chaps

Ivbe got a tech 2 unit but need to talk to a 2000 VS commodore series3 ute, the unit does not have the option and the VT option does no work, is there software that will do this??? or an adapter etc. The PCM looks to be standard VS setup even though its the last model etc. Any ideas woul dbe appreciated thanks

Sean

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
GDay Chaps

Ivbe got a tech 2 unit but need to talk to a 2000 VS commodore series3 ute, the unit does not have the option and the VT option does no work, is there software that will do this??? or an adapter etc. The PCM looks to be standard VS setup even though its the last model etc. Any ideas woul dbe appreciated thanks

Sean

I think you need a Tech1 to do VS.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Tech 1 scantool was used for VN through to VS model commodores.
Tech 2 scantool was used for VT and later models.
I have noticed before that theres is a option in tech 2 menu for VS models fitted with 5.7 litre engine..