Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 Australian software cards available. (genuine GM - not chinese)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Brand new programmed aussie tech 2 cards are $40 posted. Yes, the tech 2 has a brake bleed option for activating the ABS whilst your bleeding the brakes. You can also read/clear any ABS error codes.
On VX models, you can still flash up any ABS error codes on the ABS warning light, by bridging pins 5 and 12 in the diagnostic connector under the dash and then turning the ignition key to ON.
Here is a list of ABS error codes for VT to VZ model commodores. (ABS Codes can only be flashed up on the ABS dashlight on VT and VX models).

Code 12= Start up code/ system ok.
Code 21= Front right wheel speed sensor faulty signal.
Code 23= Front right wheel speed sensor short or open circuit.
Code 25= Front left wheel speed sensor faulty signal.
Code 27= Front left wheel speed sensor short or open circuit.
Code 28= Front wheel speed sensor frequency incorrect.
Code 31= Rear right wheel speed sensor faulty signal.
Code 33= Rear right wheel speed sensor short or open circuit.
Code 35= Rear left wheel speed sensor faulty signal.
Code 37= Rear left wheel speed sensor short or open circuit.
Code 41= Front right inlet valve solenoid.
Code 42= Front right outlet valve solenoid.
Code 45= Front left inlet valve solenoid.
Code 46= Front left outlet valve solenoid.
Code 47= Priming valve solenoid.
Code 48= Switching valve solenoid.
Code 51= Rear right inlet valve solenoid.
Code 52= Rear right outlet valve solenoid.
Code 55= Rear axle inlet valve solenoid/Rear left inlet valve solenoid.
Code 56= Rear Rear axle outlet valve solenoid/Rear left outlet valve solenoid.
Code 61= Pump motor or relay faulty.
Code 62= RPM signal incorrect.
Code 63= Valve solenoid relay circuit faulty.
Code 67= Stop light switch circuit faulty.
Code 71= Control module internal fault.
Code 72= Data fault.
Code 73= Requested torque circuit fault.
Code 74= Actual torque circuit fault.
Code 78= Incorrect optional coding.
Code 85= Voltage too low.

Code 58 for gen 111= Throttle relaxer PWM interface fault.
Code 62 for gen 111= RPM signal fault.
Code 64 for gen 111= Throttle relaxer control module position fault.
Code 65 for gen 111= Throttle relaxer motor fault.
Code 66 for gen 111= Throttle relaxer control fault.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Brett_JJJ, i've heard some people say that they don't need BCM codes to program new key heads, but with my Tech2 I definately did. Is what they say true and do different model cards have different security settings, or are they wrong?

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
Is the Tech 2 used to bleed the ABS module on a VX? I'm sick of these warning lights. Can you please PM me a price for a card?

it's probably your ABS module, very common fault got one for $30 at the wreckers

Holden software is at V.150 i've got V.147 and i haven't come any restrictions other than the usual get TIS approval

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Brett_JJJ, i've heard some people say that they don't need BCM codes to program new key heads, but with my Tech2 I definately did. Is what they say true and do different model cards have different security settings, or are they wrong?
To program a key using a scantool, you have to have the bcm security number.
But theres other ways of programming keys, theres a few places you see on ebay or advertised around that can do it if they have the original key as well.. simply make a complete duplicate of the data stored on they key.

Alternatively. (I havent tried this) but you can program it by unlokcing the car, putting the new key into the ignition and turn key to accessories to on, then the car will beep once after 10mins. Then need to turn ignition off/on and wait another 10mins.. car beep again.. and then repeat one more time.. and the key should be programmed. (This is what the GTO boys do.. havent heard whether this works on Holden Commodores)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Alternatively. (I havent tried this) but you can program it by unlokcing the car, putting the new key into the ignition and turn key to accessories to on, then the car will beep once after 10mins. Then need to turn ignition off/on and wait another 10mins.. car beep again.. and then repeat one more time.. and the key should be programmed. (This is what the GTO boys do.. havent heard whether this works on Holden Commodores)
You will find that the security system has to be disabled with a working ignition key before a new key can be programmed this way, otherwise you could buy a blank key and go steal a car with it..I havent heard of anyone here in oz programming a new key this way, so not even sure if it can be done over here.
Ive found that when adding new extra keys with the tech 2 scantool, you dont need any security codes to add extra keys, but you do need to disarm the immobilser before the scantool will allow an extra new key to be programmed to the vehicle.
The instruction manual that I got with a new Tech 1 cartridge for VS models says that a maximum of 32 keys can be programmed to one vehicle, I wonder if this means 32 keys over the life of the vehicle, or 32 keys at the one time.
The tech 1 scantool shows how many keys have been programmed to the vehicle over the life of the vehicle, and after programming my 6th new key for my VS, the key count reset and it now says its the first key programmed to this BCM. Dont know whats gone on there.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yeah that's what I meant, unlocking the car first with original working key first to disarm the alarm then attempting to manually program the key.

I haven't heard of it working.. But haven't heard anyone trying it before either

Using my tech2, only option I have to do with key coding only allows me to write another key which requires the bcm security key. Once that's input, it then waits till an "invalid" blank key is inserted before allowing for a write. Can see this info in the bcm general info if you put a new key in.

Can also see the "key number" of the key in the bcm settings. The tech2 seems to only read up to 3, if I "manually" send a "key number 4" to the tech2, it says invalid. Although I think you can have more.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hmmm, interesting. You should have 2 options there when programming keys, "add extra" or "all new". All new will stop any previous keyfobs from working-(mostly used in the case of lost keys) and obviously it will also program the new keyfob at the same time.
Add extra option lets me add extra keys, but as I said, you first need a working key to disarm the immobiliser before the tech 2 allows you to proceed.. Ive done this a few of times now on my VS with tech 1, and on a VT and a VX with the tech 2.
The VY I have just asks for TIS access, or it asks for the BCM security code. I only have the security code for my VS, Ive still gotta go get the code for the VY.

RT300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Holden Tech 2 software is up to version 153.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its probably not much different from previous versions. Ive looked at different versions and couldnt find any real difference between them. Ive got a few different versions on a disk here somewhere, I still use version 140.000. I probably should update it agian one day. Ive got 117.000, 121.000, 138.000, 140.000 and 143.000...

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
hmmm, interesting. You should have 2 options there when programming keys, "add extra" or "all new". All new will stop any previous keyfobs from working-(mostly used in the case of lost keys) and obviously it will also program the new keyfob at the same time.
Add extra option lets me add extra keys, but as I said, you first need a working key to disarm the immobiliser before the tech 2 allows you to proceed.. Ive done this a few of times now on my VS with tech 1, and on a VT and a VX with the tech 2.
The VY I have just asks for TIS access, or it asks for the BCM security code. I only have the security code for my VS, Ive still gotta go get the code for the VY.
Pretty sure I have just the one option for my vy, also same under vz. Maybe under "user options" or something like that, that may have options for "new key" or "remove key". Ill have to have another look but Im pretty sure about it. After logging numerous key writes, it never does anything different.
Id assume a "all new" write would clear the saved key memories in the bcm, then perform the key write. Whereas a "add key" would simply perform the key write and add to the saved keys in the bcm. (I assume this is what it does).
Thought were were "key specific" preferences that you could edit under the user options.

Iv also found that I must have TIS access to do any key write.. well.. pretty much any writing on the tech2 requires TIS access. And always need the bcm security key to be entered to continue for the key write.. or anything security related.

Havent done much on the VT/VX's yet so not sure if they do it different, but pretty certain on the VY/VZ's!