Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 programming proceedures.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
There should be an email address in the program to contact the maker for glitches updates etc. Maybe listed on about or support

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
It's the VY Diagnostics Arrow Australia software i have a copy of it i'm sure it must be available somewhere on the net
it allows to completely configure the cluster and even display a start up message or logo and settings not available on the tech2
here's another pic
View attachment 153305

Pity some of the tables dont actually work, The image you attached is of a table with alot of info.. but doesnt read or write the data! Software was made for "diagnostic" purposes. Wasnt exactly made to run perfect, 3 or 4 tables crash/pick up wrong info due to instability, couple crash every time unless you edit the coding.
Also has alot of admin stuff that cant be seen without "security access" so limits the average user to doing the average stuff.

For anyone thats interested in this tech 2 stuff on VY models, I will post up more as I find out more..

Anychance in that menu you looked up that it has "fuel calibration" or alike? Everyone always says that holden can fix series swap for vy clusters with their tech2 but never found the illusive fuel ohms/litres/ series swap within the tool! have only been able to do it manually through comms line or via hex edit.

im searching everywhere and i cant find it on ebay i cant find it on google so im stuffed if i know i looked back at car modder and no links there either

Its not going to be advertised on any site for purchase ect. Id expect someone would get done by Arrow for that. Also it doesnt have any contact information to contact developers. Arrow Australia denied its existence when I emailed them haha. Doesnt mean its not out there though.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Anychance in that menu you looked up that it has "fuel calibration" or alike? Everyone always says that holden can fix series swap for vy clusters with their tech2 but never found the illusive fuel ohms/litres/ series swap within the tool! have only been able to do it manually through comms line or via hex edit.

Yes I came across the fuel gauge calibration option under the instruments section there somewhere. I will post up the exact menus you need to navigate through to get into it, later on this morning.
I tried to get hold of this arrow software ages ago and couldnt find anything about it back then either.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
To get into the fuel gauge calibration:
F3 Body.
Select instrument and press enter.
F5 program.
F0 fuel gauge calibration and press enter.
It will show the current configuration number and code version and code index numbers.
My VY wagon shows-
A code index of 7,
A code version of 4,
and a calibration number of 92211620.

When you press modify, it gives you the option to choose the following vehicles-
Sedan/monaro
Wagon
Utility
Sedan/monaro supercharged V6
Cab/chassis
HSV AWD coupe.

I cant see any way of actually changing the fuel calibration number though.

Last edited:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its not going to be advertised on any site for purchase ect. Id expect someone would get done by Arrow for that. Also it doesnt have any contact information to contact developers. Arrow Australia denied its existence when I emailed them haha. Doesnt mean its not out there though.
all well screw it just let me know when you finish your program and ill be happy to send ya some cash

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
To get into the fuel gauge calibration:
F3 Body.
Select instrument and press enter.
F5 program.
F0 fuel gauge calibration and press enter.
It will show the current configuration number and code version and code index numbers.
My VY wagon shows-
A code index of 7,
A code version of 4,
and a calibration number of 92211620.

When you press modify, it gives you the option to choose the following vehicles-
Sedan/monaro
Wagon
Utility
Sedan/monaro supercharged V6
Cab/chassis
HSV AWD coupe.

I cant see any way of actually changing the fuel calibration number though.

Then either everyone that has said "Holden has fixed it before" is speaking out of their ass or we have missed something!.
Looking through the user manual, I think it will be under Body -> instrument -> Special functions -> set options or IPC gauges

Or maybe..(not sure about this one) Onstar -> Personalization -> set options.

I figure it must be to do with the gauge setup or something.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Then either everyone that has said "Holden has fixed it before" is speaking out of their ass or we have missed something!.
Looking through the user manual, I think it will be under Body -> instrument -> Special functions -> set options or IPC gauges

Or maybe..(not sure about this one) Onstar -> Personalization -> set options.

I figure it must be to do with the gauge setup or something.

Lol when I bought my wagon the bloke said that the gauge was faulty that the sender unit wasn't reading properly so he attached a hose to the pump so it draws the petrol from the bottom of the tank and by doing that it brought the gauge close to correct and from what I've seen its reading fine I was at a1/4 of a tank when I had finished driving to and around Sydney and when I fueled up it showed I had used 45 litres which was pretty close to correct and I had done nearly 600km

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
My VY speedometer was reading way too high, (80 km/h when really doing 60 km/h) so I adjusted the speedo pulses from 5000 to 5800 and it now reads very close to spot on. I will use GPS for its final setting when I get a chance.

I use to get confused with calibrating the speedo with ppk. I always think of it as if the cluster reads higher (100kmh) then the gps (80kmh) then the pulse per kilometer needs to increase so the speedo reading decreases.
Or vise versa, if Speedo reads lower then gps, decreasing the ppk will will increase the Speedo reading.

Also found that a change of ~125 is a change of about 1kmh but it all depends on the car.

Lol when I bought my wagon the bloke said that the gauge was faulty that the sender unit wasn't reading properly so he attached a hose to the pump so it draws the petrol from the bottom of the tank and by doing that it brought the gauge close to correct and from what I've seen its reading fine I was at a1/4 of a tank when I had finished driving to and around Sydney and when I fueled up it showed I had used 45 litres which was pretty close to correct and I had done nearly 600km

Cant complain! If it got the job done.. why not?!

But still, I think there would be many people that would like to know where the fuel calibrations are within the tech2 so they can march on up to Holden and tell them this is exactly what they have to do with their tool!

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah true that Holden don't know jack I'd like to get the setting to find out what the max temp for my gauge is seeing it doesn't move after 85 deg