Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 programming proceedures.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I use to get confused with calibrating the speedo with ppk. I always think of it as if the cluster reads higher (100kmh) then the gps (80kmh) then the pulse per kilometer needs to increase so the speedo reading decreases.
Or vise versa, if Speedo reads lower then gps, decreasing the ppk will will increase the Speedo reading.

Yeah, Ive found 2 different options for setting the speedo calibration, the first one is done by getting the vehicle up to 100km/h on a dyno and pressing enter on the tech2. The second one I came across adjusts the pulses for the speedo, the speedo in my VY was set at 5000 pulses, which made it read up around 80 km/h when it was really doing around 60 km/h. I've now changed the pulses from 5000 to 5860 and the speedo now reads the same as the GPS reading which seems fairly accurate..

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Well after a lot of searching I found the arrow Australia software but once again it's not even that helpful all I want is to know what my temp settings are in my cluster and won't give me an inch it crashes when I get it to read the cluster info and when I enter input override menu and I tell it to tell the gauge its at 121 deg the override fails and temp gauge doesn't move yet if I go into analog mode and tell the gauge to move it will i swear technology hates me

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Well after a lot of searching I found the arrow Australia software but once again it's not even that helpful all I want is to know what my temp settings are in my cluster and won't give me an inch it crashes when I get it to read the cluster info and when I enter input override menu and I tell it to tell the gauge its at 121 deg the override fails and temp gauge doesn't move yet if I go into analog mode and tell the gauge to move it will i swear technology hates me

Where did you find the arrow software at?

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Download everything else but the images otherwise its just gonna throw up file issues was doing my head in at first

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive downloaded everything but the pics,Ive unzipped them all, but it says that some file is not installed etc.
EDIT, Its working sort of, but now it says requested baud 8192, baud achieved 0, I click ok, and it says com port 1 not available, and I click ok, then it does nothing, the program just stops and displays nothing..
Second edit, its all good.

Last edited:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah you need an aldl cable hooked up to the car then you need device manager and select ports and coms then select the USB one then go properties and advanced and physically change it to com 1 then restart it it won't open unless its getting the power from the obd port with the ignition on

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, Ive now got it loaded up on my desktop just to have a look at it etc. I just had to change one of the com ports to com port 1 in device manager.Thanks again mate, I looked everywhere for that program ages ago and never found it.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
No worries I just pulled my cluster out the needles seem to move fine I think as soon as I have the money I'm getting another cluster