Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teen boy 'taped policeman's baton threat'

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Teen boy 'taped policeman's baton threat' | National News | News.com.au

A 14-YEAR-OLD boy says he used his mobile phone to secretly record a police officer's threat to assault him with a baton.

The boy said he was intimidated by Leading Senior Constable Matthew Lake, who he said threatened to shove a baton up his backside.

The officer has been put on alternative duties while the Ethical Standards Department investigates.

The 20-minute one-on-one interview - over an accusation the boy pushed a younger child off his bike and punched him repeatedly - was at Narre Warren station last Thursday.

According to a tape heard by the Herald Sun, Sen-Constable Lake warned he'd circulate the boy's photo to other police so they could harass him.

The boy said the officer also waved a baton at him during repeated threats.

He said that when Sen-Constable Lake left the interview room at one point, he turned on his mobile phone recorder.

On his return, Sen-Constable Lake advised the boy anything he said could be used as evidence in court.

He then asked if the boy wanted the matter to end in court.

Recorded was this comment: "If I hear one more complaint . . . about your behaviour, I'll shove this thing so far up your a***. . . you won't know what day it is."

The boy was eventually given a warning; on leaving, he told his mother he had been threatened.

She phoned Sen-Constable Lake, told him the interview had been recorded, then taped several heated conversations with the officer.

The registered nurse said he tried to calm her, apologising and explaining he was trying to teach her son a lesson and handled it the "wrong way".

She said she was not permitted to sit with her son during the interview, which is against police regulations when dealing with a child.

"The more I listen to it, the more angry I get. I feel terrible I didn't go into that room," she said.

"I said 'Don't be rough with him'. When my son got out of there he was pale. He couldn't breathe."

She said her son suffered an asthma attack soon afterward and had to be put on a ventilator pump. The next day he was prescribed sedatives because he could not sleep.

She said she would seek legal advice over the unprofessional and damaging conduct.

"I feel abused," the boy said.

"He's a big guy. He stood over me . . . he had a baton and I thought he was going to hit me. He was waving it in my face."

But he said he did not want the officer to lose his job.

We need more cops like this, seems to have set this little **** straight...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Erm, how many times did people hear this sort of threat when they were younger? My old man made similar threats many times, that is all it is though.

Also, isn't it illegal to record a party without their knowledge then transmit the conversation to other parties? Family could be open to a world of ****...

People need to harden the **** up.

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
naughty boy and a naughty police boy they should both be sent to the naughty chair for 15 minutes

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
they should of pushed him off his bike a taserd him little s@#t

MEANVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Omega
the threat seems to have worked, lets see if the little prick is going to be abusing other kids after this?

harden up australia!

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
the boy pushed a younger child off his bike and punched him repeatedly - was at Narre Warren station last Thursday.

hes lucky the office didn't push him off the chair and beat the **** out of him... kids these days have no respect and when you have no respect for other people...other people tend to have no respect for you... good on the cop

i imagine the mother as a typical druggie station rat... and admitting she used it as a excuse to get "sedatives" which would more than likely be dizapan (Valium)
agreed with the comment, hes lucky he didn't end up in juvy...

i may commit a murder in a few years time and call it manslaughter.., should only cost me 1-3 years or i could possibly get the 2 for 1 deal and get twice the death for the same price!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What a load of sh!t!

Oh, the poor boy needed sedatives and felt he was abused...

Far out... I've had enough of this bull sh!t were cops need to tread lightly and anything they do can be used against them...

Good on the cop... maybe if the kid was sh!t scared of copping a baton up the rear end he would square up... but instead now he will have even less respect for the law.

It's a bloody joke, it's like police here have no right to do anything that can be considered heavy handed.

I really have respect for people who are cops... they must feel like their hands are comletely tied to do anything.

I think i would last about half a day being a cop before I snapped and demolished some smart arses face...

Good on this cop I say as many others have...

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
I used to work at Maccas, and the police station was literally a stone throw away. the amount of times kids like this come in and trashed the place, mouthed off, it was a guarantee on a daily basis. and when we threatened to call the cops, they often used to laugh in our faces, like they weren't scared.
damn they could run when the cop car pulled up :D
they have no goddamn respect for anyone, let alone cops. society today has gone to s***, where kids are allowed to roam the streets at all hours of the night, being the little s***s they are with no reprimanding from parents. kudos to this cop!
CC

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
"I feel abused" well so he should I bet the kid that he hit felt abused as well. He got what he deserved.