Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teenager faces five year stretch

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i think death is a little too severe... in most cases really. its something that cannot be undone. a car can be fixed and some forms of rehab are far more fruitful.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
someone mentioned before that imprisonment makes them more ignorant...very true...how about keeping them in society and having a good behaviour program, curfews and community service for a couple of years.

its 2 years community service for getting caught with a fake ID...

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
yer sorry does sound a bit harsh i take that back, but i rekon the owner of the car should be aloud to do what ever they want to the theif, aswell as a jail sentence

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i still dont see how by changing the laws is going to stop people from stealing and burning/dumping cars.......nothing else seems to deterr vandalists so why would new rules and laws have any affect.

its really up to the owner of the vehicle to protect their property...alarms and locking their cars up overnight in a shed or garage would be a start

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
andyman said:
did your space bar break? :whistling

it's good they got these new laws but the scumbags will get out of it

yeh, it is all screwy

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I agree it does sound a little harsh, but nothing else seems to the message across.

I think current laws are way to easy going, like yeah, fair enough they can say "maximum penalty of five years imprisonment" but how often does the maximum sentence get handed down to a criminal?! Not often enough.

If a crime is committed, a set punishment should be given. None of this "I'll let you off this time" bullshit. That just encourages people to do it again, more or less.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I recon simply just make them walk the streets picking up rubbish with a sign on them letting everyone know what they did

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
boona15 said:
i still dont see how by changing the laws is going to stop people from stealing and burning/dumping cars.......nothing else seems to deterr vandalists so why would new rules and laws have any affect.

lets say a this present time, you steal a car for a joy ride you get caught given a fine and a month or two in jail. Now if laws were stricter and you were sentanced to 10 years in jail without parol and a 10K fine, would you steal that car now?