Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tein or Pedders?

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I'm finally in the market for a new suspension setup on my SV6. So far I've decided on a set of Coilovers, and I've narrowed it down to either Teins or Pedders XA's. Im looking for some feedback from people that own or have driving with either kits.

The car will only be used on the street, so looking for something with decent handling, yet still comfortable.

We have a set of Tein's on my 180sx, and they are great, but very stiff/harsh for everyday driving.

Another major factor is that I can get the XA's from the local pedders store, but I'll have to post the Tein's from down south.

Cheers in advance for any feedback!

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Tein is good as, Dad uses an adjustable set up in he's SSV Ute, nice comfy ride but still stiff enough to handle nicely, of course that is adjustable...

Ben

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
A good spring/shock combo, would give u a good ride!
As asked, what made u decide on Coilovers?

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
How did you come to decide on coilovers???

Well I've had coilover's on previous cars, and loved the difference in handling they produced. Plus the adjustable height will be great fun to play around with!

I had lowered shocks and King's on my old VX, and wasn't overly impressed by them.

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
What prices have you got so far if you dont mind me asking? Pm me if you feel like saying. The only set i looked into were about $1800.

Here:

Otomoto - Holden/GM coilovers

But I would prefer something like Tein if I ever went with them.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Pedders retail for $1995, but if your a member of the LS1 forums, you get another 5% off, bringing them down to $1900.

Teins can be found for $2300.

Installation will also depend on your location, but should be at the most $500, with wheel allingments.

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 HSV VZ R8 Clubsport M6/LS2
let us know which you end up choosing and if your happy with your choice or not as i plan to buy a set of coil overs once the engine work is finished and am interested in any feed back anyone has on all brands of adjustable coilovers. i want a setup up for track racing