Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Telstra vs Dodo Bundles

Silver6

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SV6
Thinking of getting a home phone and internet bundle. Wondering if anyone here uses either and if so what are good and bad things you have encountered or have heard of?

Telstra: $115 for 200Gb and unlimited calls
Dodo: $90 per month all unlimited

Dodo kind of sells itself but I would prefer to hear from people with experience. If there is anyone else people can recommend that would be great.

Thank you,

Aaron.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
depends what ports are available in your area. and what speeds you are after

im with telstra as they were the only ones that had adsl2+ ports, also on there old rate of $88 a month
so if i went with another company i would of only got adsl1 speeds

also with telstra they defaulted me to adsl1 anyway even when everything states on there website about the fastest speed available etc. i had to ring up and get them to change it to adsl2+. they also done it to my parents and a few other people i know.
i guess if you none the wiser then they have more adsl2+ ports if anyone wants them

can you get nbn?

i can only find the $93/200gb plan cant see a $115/200gb
edit: found it
(im not liking there website upgrade)

also.

i got a bundle as it was cheaper and the phone line rental was bundled in with it but it appears now, the std broadband deal bundles a phone line rental in with it anyway. and is only $93/200gb so if you dont use your home phone for calls, dont get a bundle just opt for the home broadband deal

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
i was with dodo for a while. their internet speed wasn't impressive but it wasn't unbearable. What pissed me off the most was their customer service. they were always poeple from the US for some reason and they didn't listen to me properly. i would tell them that the WAN/LAN light was flashing green on the modem but the ISP light was red and they would tell me to do all the moron stuff like check my cables over and over. i ended up almost yelling down the phone at them ffs ALL MY CONNECTIONS ARE FINE IT'S AN ISP ISSUE! plus they would put me on hold for ages and fk around like there's no tomorrow. they also were always trying to sell me stuff. while they were "investigating" an issue one day for me the guy for 20 mins was trying to convince me to buy a mobile plan. thats another time i nearly screamed down the phone that i already have a phone stfu!

anyway i must say though after about 6 months i moved out of that place and was locked in a contracted with them for 24 months. so after it doing nothing for about 4 months i rang them up to cancel it. they told me not to worry about the last year and waived my fee. which really made me happy. so that's a big tick for them in the end.

anyway all this was about 2 years ago so they might have changed.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
dodo have a really bad record when it comes to customer service. at one point they had more complaints against them with the TIO than all of the other providers put together.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Wouldn't touch either Helstra or dodo with a barge pole.

Internode all the way.

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
just out of interest why wouldnt you go telstra? for me who cant get naked dsl and if i went with anyone else to get adsl2 i have to go for there reach plan or similar and bundle a home phone line rental in it ends up costing more than telstra.

and as with dodo i was with them on dialup many moons ago, there fine unless you need customer support. but i guess you basically know that at some of the prices they were offering.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Im with dodo...
The home phone rates are pretty poor so if you plan on using the bundle for making calls from your home phone, I would go else where.
How far are you from your local exchange (google it) as that can make a huge difference to your speeds.

I have never tried calling them as haven't had a need to but here from everybody the indian/computerized american voice over is terrible and you can expect to be on hold for a long time with pretty average results. But like all telcos, a call to the TIO gets everything sorted out quickly.

Now most importantly, the Internet.
Im on the unlimeted plan and download pretty much all day everyday from movies to tv series ect... and have to say its fantastic.
It's not without its drop outs though. Every now and again I get a red light on my modem. No biggy for me as it has never lasted longer then a few minutes.
A few people say its due to the cheap wireless modem you get with the plan and if you buy a better one from jb hifi (or where ever) you wont get drop outs as often.

Set up was very easy, (plug and play) I have 3 smart tv's, a pc, a laptop and 2 smart phones on the network and its works just fine.

Highly recommend unlimeted. My mobile is with telstra and the internet still drops out every now and again...

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Also tpg and internode are known as the "best budget suppliers" but dodo works out to be the cheapest of the lot just as long as your not using the home phone much, if at all.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
i was with dodo for a while. their internet speed wasn't impressive but it wasn't unbearable. What pissed me off the most was their customer service. they were always poeple from the US for some reason and they didn't listen to me properly. i would tell them that the WAN/LAN light was flashing green on the modem but the ISP light was red and they would tell me to do all the moron stuff like check my cables over and over. i ended up almost yelling down the phone at them ffs ALL MY CONNECTIONS ARE FINE IT'S AN ISP ISSUE! plus they would put me on hold for ages and fk around like there's no tomorrow. they also were always trying to sell me stuff. while they were "investigating" an issue one day for me the guy for 20 mins was trying to convince me to buy a mobile plan. thats another time i nearly screamed down the phone that i already have a phone stfu!

anyway i must say though after about 6 months i moved out of that place and was locked in a contracted with them for 24 months. so after it doing nothing for about 4 months i rang them up to cancel it. they told me not to worry about the last year and waived my fee. which really made me happy. so that's a big tick for them in the end.

anyway all this was about 2 years ago so they might have changed.

The call center is in the Philippines and they do sound American, Telstra also have call centers there and here.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
The Philippines.... that explains the american sounding accent.