Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temp gauge don't read

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
vt calais ign on, temp gauge dont read anything above the bottom mark and the high speed fans are running while ign on (aircon is not on) i've tried tests from this post

fans are working in the tests but hav'nt tried 68ohm resistor across the temp sensor connector but have tried a piece of wire though in place, not a flinch from the temp gauge.

help please.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
a piece of wire wont have the resistance needed to do that test on the connector so go to jaycar or the likes and pick up that resistor (50 cents lol) to test.

if u dont have one while ur at jaycar get urself a multimeter ($20, always comes in handy) so u can test the sensor at 100*.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
might be your ABS module unplug and see if the problem stops

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Umm abs? please just replace the coolant temp sensor for 26 bucks and let us know...

bubbada

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN Commodore
well it seems to be the abs module after all because i first test with the resistor and nothing happened so me mate disconnected the abs module then tried again, yes now it climbed all the way up on the gauge. cool :D

can i run around with the abs module disconnected for a while, without brakes locking up? or is that a myth?