Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temp is -30C VR

Grantforest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Have a VR Berlina : Air-con always putting out hot air. The screen has a big X on it, and the outside temp (bottom left button) displays -30. Any idea where the air temp sensor is, as I think it must be disconnected. Tks for any help.

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
Its the little round black plastic thing in the centre of the dash near the windscreen...i think?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
^^ that's the sun sensor. The ambient temp sensor is mounted on the condenser down the bottom drivers side on the front.

Grantforest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Still Looking

Have read the other posts regarding this amb sensor, but can see zip beside the filter. There is a plug going to this filter, is this the amb sensor.
Also the problem only happened after the radiator was replaced, so maybe the wiring has also been moved.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
in that case take it back where it was replaced

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Here is a diagram of the ambient temp sensor, it's from a vt-vx but should be similar to yours.

Attachments

• Ambient temperature sensor.jpg
    Ambient temperature sensor.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,955

Grantforest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Tks everyone, looks like the guy that replaced the radiator left the sensor off.
Am assuming that when you said Condenser, that the same as the radiator.
So will now buy one and start looking for the fly-lead that goes to it. It must be somewhere.

Grantforest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Hum still wondering

Had yet another look for this dam sensor. I can not see any fly-leads that may have been for this sensor, but I did note that there is a orange sensor inside the black box that houses the air filter. This would measure the amb temp. but it is after the air filter. My berlina is a 1995 and have assumed its a VR, any thoughts on this. Sorry to keep bugging you guys.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There is no need to remove or disconnect the sensor when replacing the radiator. Are you sure you are looking in the right place. If you look through the large opening at the bottom of the front bumper you will see the condenser (it looks like the radiator but it's not) the sensor should be located near the bottom of the condenser on the driver's side.

Grantforest

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
Well have hunted all over the condenser and can not find the sensor. I went out and purchased a user manual and it was next to useless. The Ambient reads -30 and at other times +30C. Thanks for the help that's been given but will have to go to GMH and get the dam thing fixed.
Grant..