Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temp sensor??

quiksilver1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
is there a way to bring on my thermo fans at a lower temp? im in QLD,my car temp goes up and down heaps driving in traffic.it only goes slightly over half and back down to quarter but i would like to keep it more consistant by bringing in the fan at a lower temp.has anyone done this? Or am i worrying too much...cheers

deeranp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon
Keep the air-con turned on. The fans then come on earlier.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
That sounds about normal. Within the range on the gauge described, the engine temp will be varying between about 95 and 103C, give or take. The gauge isn't linear.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Holden released a revised temp sender, easy to tell the difference, the bakerlite around the connector is clear, old ones i think are black.
Its sposed to read lower on the guage.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
is there a way to bring on my thermo fans at a lower temp? im in QLD,my car temp goes up and down heaps driving in traffic.it only goes slightly over half and back down to quarter but i would like to keep it more consistant by bringing in the fan at a lower temp.has anyone done this? Or am i worrying too much...cheers

I wouldn't worry about this at all, what you describe is perfectly normal. Just make sure you are running the correct coolant, 50% water and 50% concentrate, and that will help not only in keeping corrosion to a minimum, but it will also help the engine run cooler.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i made a switch so i can turn it on anytime, theres a blue wire with white line comming from the ecu from the passengers footwell, just hack into that wire,with another wire connect it to a switch and another wire fron an earth to the switch thats it done. the ecu still has control this way, so if you turn the a/c on the fan can still work and if you temp gets over half the ecu can still turn it on by itself, now if i see it the temp creeping up i just switch it on, or doing standstills or wateva i just leave it on

yyg998vsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Blue VS ute 5spd
I Did that too, when ever the car starts crawling to half way on the temp, i just press the button,

Get awesome fuel economy now, my mechanic say, keep the engine not at cold and not a half way and I should get good kms

and i do, shitted fuel injectors and I get 600km on city driving and 800 on country driving ,(long trips to bathurst uni and back)