Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temp warning alarm

locoman

locoman
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WK Statesman
The other day after travelling 70 Km the overheat alarm sounded, and the temp gauge went from normal to maximum and then went down to normal again and the alarm stopped, all in about 5 seconds.
I stopped and checked coolant etc. and found all normal, the radiator was NOT even hot at the top, and in fact the Radiator cap was cool.
A friend of mine has a VX and says his has done it twice now, so can I assume it is a small glitch in the computer.
My car is a 200 VT series 2 Berlina, with 116,000Km on the clock.

Any help much appreciated.:bow:

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Sounds like a bodgy thermostat

M

mrVT

can also be a lose hose which has the slightest leak but its happend to me to and nothing was wrong i pulled over cjecked water coolent etc but was all good so i rekon sometimes can be a fault in computer or the thermostat like was said!

Promotec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore International Dual Fuel LPG / UL
Hello

After spending about $1600 about a month back repairing the carnage caused by a blown radiator, including cracked head, never take a overheat warning for granted, my 2002 vx would show hot once in a blue moon, then come straight back down again when coolant was short, just because radiator is full doesnt allways mean thats all well, badly worn water pump blades can cause overheat while still plenty of coolant, do your self a favour and get it looked at and fully checked out, if all checks out fine, cool but neglecting a warning can cost you alot more if there is a problem. :rip:

Regards Chris

locoman

locoman
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WK Statesman
Cheers Guys and Gals, its booked in on Monday for a service and checkup.

Cheers