Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temperature gauge

Shazza 01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder 6 litre
Any help appreciated
When driving, car is still cold, temperature gauge only quarter of the way .. fan comes on and temperature gauge goes right down to nothing ..

Centretek

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Exec wagon
I'm also having a problem with A VZ temperature gauge and heater. My car is slow to warm up and after 10 Ks the gauge has just moved off the cold peg and the heater is not as efficient as previously. The gauge used to show quarter scale and the heater was very efficient. The problem occurred at 100kph when a 'check drive train' alarm occurred. I had the alarm reset at a Holden dealer but the heater problem has not gone away. Any ideas?

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Engine cooling system taking longer than normal to heat up probably means the thermostat is stuck open.
This may also be the cause of the heater not working as efficiently, alternatively the heater tap may also be faulty.
Unfortunately the thermostat is at the rear of the Alloytec V6 engine so not a simple job to replace.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
VZ V6 thermostat = worst job everrr.

Heater tap = easy + cheap
Coolant sensor = easy + cheap