Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temperature sensitive crank angle sensor

J

jihgo

VR commodore V6
This is a problem i had and thought I would let you know the symptoms and cure.
The symptoms where that the car would start when cold and it would run fine. But if I drove it then stopped for about 10 minutes it would refuse to start.
If i left it for about 30 minutes it would start again.
Finally tracked the problem to the Crank Angle Sensor which would fail at a certain temperature but would be fine when cold and when hot.
Found with the help of freeze spray and the error codes.

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
good to see you've found the problem, but now you gotta fix it $$$

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Very common. They get worse and worse really quickly. One day it wont start warm, the next it will just stall on you midway during a drive. Common error code is 47, although a few others can also come up for the same thing.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
jihgo said:
VR commodore V6
This is a problem i had and thought I would let you know the symptoms and cure.
The symptoms where that the car would start when cold and it would run fine. But if I drove it then stopped for about 10 minutes it would refuse to start.
If i left it for about 30 minutes it would start again.
Finally tracked the problem to the Crank Angle Sensor which would fail at a certain temperature but would be fine when cold and when hot.
Found with the help of freeze spray and the error codes.

About $85 for the replacement part from GMH, and about $40 or $50 for them to fit it, just had mine done about 3 months ago, and it has been fine ever since. Seems to be a lot of them failing at the moment, numerous threads with people that have the same issue.