Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

temporary fix for hole in the radiator

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
well after last nights drama of having a lump of steel coming off the back of a ute and going under my car and bouncing up smashing the fan which bent it good cut all three belts plus ripping a huge hole in my radiator i had to do some bush mechanics to get it home again using zipties as a fan belt a rock as a hammer to straighten the fan the only thing i was really worried about was the gaping hole in my radiator with only a tube of liquid gasket stuff on board i filled the hole up with it and it actually worked well enough to get me home didn't think it would of worked but it did

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
gv0yY.png

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
well after last nights drama of having a lump of steel coming off the back of a ute and going under my car and bouncing up smashing the fan which bent it good cut all three belts plus ripping a huge hole in my radiator i had to do some bush mechanics to get it home again using zipties as a fan belt a rock as a hammer to straighten the fan the only thing i was really worried about was the gaping hole in my radiator with only a tube of liquid gasket stuff on board i filled the hole up with it and it actually worked well enough to get me home didn't think it would of worked but it did

Ha, good effort lol.

Make sure you replace it all properly and flush out the radiator and cooling system in case any of that gasket goo got in there.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
yeah will flush the system properly just glad it worked to get me home