Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Temporary fix for roof lining sag?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Because once it starts sagging enough it's a hazard. It's on your head , it lowers your field of vision etc.
what if you ripped the lining off and simply left the cardboard in place? What’s the nanny state say about that?

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
Hey all! Today I've noticed that the roof lining in my VE wagon is sagging just inside from my two front doors.

I have a feeling it's because I accidently left the windows down overnight. It was a hot day, rain got in during the night, so the humidity probably impacted the adhesive.

I can't really afford to have a professional job done. Has anyone here been successful glueing it back themselves as a temporary fix?

Fixed mine around the edges with Tarzans Grip. Very cheap. You can also run a staple gun around the edges beneath the rubbers over the doors (to hide the staples). This is where it initially lifted, wind got under it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I'm pretty sure it's not if the hanging material is completely removed as it's no longer a hazard.
What about the heat from having no board at all, surely that makes it a defect? I think that's what 5.0 was referring too?

H

harrop.senator

What about the heat from having no board at all, surely that makes it a defect? I think that's what 5.0 was referring too?

Oh I think nothing at all is illegal as it leaves exposed sheet metal and wiring. I'm not too sure though I've never not had a lining to find out lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh I think nothing at all is illegal as it leaves exposed sheet metal and wiring. I'm not too sure though I've never not had a lining to find out lol.

I have but it was winter. The extreme cold and poor heater wasn't pleasant. I heard of a mate on the mainland who had a VS and it had no liner and his half bald head roasted apparently.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Because once it starts sagging enough it's a hazard. It's on your head , it lowers your field of vision etc.

Can't sag on your head when it's not fitted...So still intreguing why it would be illegal to drive without it fitted

H

harrop.senator

Can't sag on your head when it's not fitted...So still intreguing why it would be illegal to drive without it fitted

Unless I was getting mixed up I've answered this a couple times now .....

The original post I was replying to I thought they said they couldn't understand why a sagging roof lining was illegal......

Not no roof lining at all....