Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tensioner pulley part#

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Does anyone have a part number for a tensioner pulley for the VR V6 ute? I have tried eBay and there are a few different numbers for the same brand. But type in ute and it says not compatible. I have been sent the wrong pulley before, so want to get it right this time as some of the listings on eBay are incorrect.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Could change the bearing but mine is the original plastic pulley.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Really, spend 5 bucks on petrol 10 bucks on a SH pulley and another 15 on a bearing, when they can be bought new for $30?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Are Nuline made by Gates?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Does anyone have a part number for a tensioner pulley for the VR V6 ute? I have tried eBay and there are a few different numbers for the same brand. But type in ute and it says not compatible. I have been sent the wrong pulley before, so want to get it right this time as some of the listings on eBay are incorrect.
lf you call holden spares they will ask your vin, advise if its still a stocked part. Either way you can ask for the correct part number for your car.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Just FYI, I wouldn't get another plastic one (Genuine are plastic unless they've been superseded), have seen the plastic pulleys sheer off their bearing before without any warning (probably due to fatigue more than anything).

Supercheap and Repco sites are actually pretty good now, you can plug in your car and it will come up with compatible parts. The 'useful' parts list is a bit hard to find on Supercheap's site though.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Does anyone have a part number for a tensioner pulley for the VR V6 ute?

I know exactly what you're dealing with Losh, as I've dealt with the pulley size differences many times at work

I looked up 95 VR Commodore and found 2 options depending on your build date
Just measure your pulley to confirm the O.D regardless of year model, as it's common for a slightly larger or smaller pulley to be fitted as there's only 6mm difference in the O.D of them

July 93 - April 95
# EP001
Flat Steel
Width
29.5 mm
Outside diameter
82 mm
Inside diameter
17 mm

April 95 - April 96
# EP002
Flat Steel
Width
29.5 mm
Outside diameter
76.2 mm
Inside diameter
17 mm

Nuline EP001
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Nuline+EP001&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=12
Nuline EP002
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Nuline+EP002&_sacat=0&_sop=12

Last edited: