Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Terminals VP Calais

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Did you use the pacemaker extractors ?
If so how much of a bitch were yours around the steering rack and fuel lines

Yeah I used pacemakers, the installation wasn't all that bad really, though I did drop the rack out to do it. As for the fuel lines they're a no go. I ended up having to cut the pressure and return line down almost near the middle of the car then I used an AN fitting tube adapter to run a braided line to the rail. I ran it over the trans and up the passenger side.

vp_304

Reaction score
Was the fuel line hitting the pipes down near the rail next to the gearbox on yours also im guessing?
Did you have to cut the bolt down on the steering rack buckle also ?

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Was the fuel line hitting the pipes down near the rail next to the gearbox on yours also im guessing?
Did you have to cut the bolt down on the steering rack buckle also ?

Yeah it was hard up against the lines where they bend and go up towards to engine bay. Also yes I cut down the bolt on the steering link too but that wasn't major.

vp_304

Reaction score
They fitted in easy but i still dont know why they didnt make them shorter then they could make them 4-1 style or just change the drivers side were the slip on bit goes

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
They fitted in easy but i still dont know why they didnt make them shorter then they could make them 4-1 style or just change the drivers side were the slip on bit goes

yeah they're certainly not perfect, they hang quite low as well so clearance is an issue. I will be looking into getting more clearance soon.

vp_304

Reaction score
Best part of them all besides the fuel line touching was the lead on the back next to the booster the hardest one i had to heat up and give some loving to the extractor as their wasnt enough room to get the lead on was yours like that ?

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Best part of them all besides the fuel line touching was the lead on the back next to the booster the hardest one i had to heat up and give some loving to the extractor as their wasnt enough room to get the lead on was yours like that ?

My coils are relocated to the middle of the rocker covers bunched up next to each other so I used custom longer leads so it wasn't an issue for me.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i heard someone upgraded their interior....

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
i heard someone upgraded their interior....

You could say that, I bought the nice Empire Red Calais off of your mate. Going to decide exactly what to do with everything now.