Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Terminals VP Calais

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
So was driving along Nepean highway around 1:30am to the car wash to spray off some bird ****. (My friends all thing i'm weird for going to car wash at that time but they just dont get it).

Anyway corner of my eye I see some guy standing in the service road with a beer, didn't think much of it until I see him make the throwing motion towards the highway, I didn't want to just slam on the brakes as I was unsure how close any cars behind me were so I just let off the throttle and hoped for the best. Unfortunately luck was not on my side as a few seconds later I hear a big bang toward the front left quarter, a bang loud enough that I knew there had to be visible damage. After it hit I jabbed the brakes and almost turned it around on the highway to go back but thought better of it so I continued on to the lights and did a very illegal U-Turn hammering it back towards the scene going the other way, I went past and entered the service road with some gusto, I spotted some teens out the front of a house but none of them looked like the cock stain that threw it. Nevertheless I slammed on the brakes in front of them and put the window down halfway yelling "WHICH ONE OF YOU THREW THE ####ING GOLF BALL" (I thought it was a golf ball but after examining the damage it couldn't have been as it wouldn't have made such a dent.) They were quite confused at what was happening and came over telling me it wasn't them so after I asked if they had seen anyone else on the road which they hadn't I peeled off and cased the rest of the service road but to no avail.

Seriously what kind of #### throws a rock or whatever into the highway...

Anyway in hindsight it's probably better he wasn't still around as one of us would have most likely ended up in the hospital or jail but I was seeing red at the time and wanted to ring the ####s neck out.

Here's the damage, nothing a new guard won't fix and I was planning on respraying the car anyway but still it's not something you want to happen and now I have to drive around with it until the time comes for the respray.

IMG_0350_zpsb2632526.jpg

IMG_0349_zps8a7f50be.jpg

IMG_0351_zps684ded02.jpg

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Just changed the plugs and thought i'd do a compression test while I was at it, these are the original results from Stig's thread a while back

Bearing in mind this motor was fairly cheap:-

Compression test.
6: 137 5: 150
4: 143 3: 150
2: 160 1: 150

and the results from today

6: 155 5: 140
4: 155 3: 150
2: 150 1: 150

Not sure what to read into that if anything.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just changed the plugs and thought i'd do a compression test while I was at it, these are the original results from Stig's thread a while back

and the results from today

6: 155 5: 140
4: 155 3: 150
2: 150 1: 150

Not sure what to read into that if anything.

Carbon buildup :).

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
So I heard a clunk a which sounded suspension related and noticed the car felt quite unstable and was bump steering like crazy. Got her up on the hoist ASAP and found this....

That's exactly how I found it. No nut, washer or bushes and the thread didn't look terribly effed so not exactly sure how it ended up like that but it did. I have/had Super Pro HD Sway Bar links and bushes.

Anyway I am still progressing with the car, getting into the tuning stuff with Stig as he tries to remember all that he forgot about the memcals and such, managed to get the SV 3800 tune on there without any problems which is good.

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
So thought i'd just poke my head in. I'm alive, car is also alive although has been shedding clearcoat like crazy. Had a lot done underneath the car which i'll outline later. Getting ready to pull the motor out to replace a bunch of stuff and remove the balance shaft as it's noisy as balls.

Anyway i'll leave this little sneaky pic here. Also I'm shopping for new wheels if anyone has any suggestions of places to look please let me know. Looking for 18x8 or 8.5 and be between et 25 and 10.

C2VXrY0.jpg

Last edited: