Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Terms and Rules vs Forum Rules

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Do we really need to contaminate this thread with the same old arguments?

Is it possible we all leave the school playground for just a minute, grow up and act like adults? All people are entitled to their opinion and are open to state that opinion. I think we can all be adult (like) and accept what other people say even if we don't agree with it? If you don't like that, can I suggest Facebook my be a better platform for you needs?

Yes this is a Commodore forum, but nowhere in the rules does it state that you must be one eyed to be a member.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I briefly read the rules from my laptop a long time ago. I tend to know the ones that affect me and those pertaining to a particular forum, say trading or pic of the day. I wouldn't know the ones that get you banned for a once off. But I don't think it would be rocket science either, knowing what is absolutely unacceptable because those rules would apply in most online forums. Some of the rules you learn over time from posts being delted.

same here , most members here know how to conduct themselves , but now and again some will push the boundaries of what is acceptable . When I was a copper , we'd say to people who would not co-operate , " if you don''t play the game , we won't either , either co-operate or have a weekend in the police cells , it's your call " .

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I think most normal people, who register to a forum, would know that adding a second account will get you banned.

Simple logic.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Why would anyone need two accounts in tbe same forum?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Why would anyone need two accounts in tbe same forum?

So they can play good cop / bad cop ?

Argue with themselves and portray themselves as a victim ?

Any number of reasons.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So they can play good cop / bad cop ?

Argue with themselves and portray themselves as a victim ?

Any number of reasons.
right :confused::confused::confused:. Each to their own i guess...

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Goodo. You missed the point

My post had nothing to do with the "point" you were trying to make.
To satisfy my own curiosity I went looking for the Forum rules, I then decided to post where I found them and added the link in case anybody else reading this thread wanted to take a look for themselves.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I think most normal people, who register to a forum, would know that adding a second account will get you banned.

Simple logic.
As Scotty would say “your logic is bloody daft Mr Spock, that’s no what it says” (in the Forum Rules). JC admin has advised specifically any second account will be deleted and a two point infraction imposed. Not immediate permanent ban, check Forum Rules.
That’s the point... concern over illogical punitive action dealt to enthusiastic new member using Forum Rules as a basis, when just as important is the illogical human error in communication that’s so rife to cause injustice.
Logic states that you (and most members apparently) assume the laissez faire Terms and Rules as agreed was definitive and overriding. That Forum Rules were notional values of common courtesy, passed on and adopted over the years by heresay.
There is no other logical explanation for mistaking a second account infraction for permanent ban penalty. Live long and prosper BTW.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Monstar....how many accounts have you had and been banned on? Just asking for a friend.

He has been banned a few times, some bans expire after a set time however Pirate kept creating accounts and pushing his luck. Should Monstar be banned again for evading bans?

Ask your mod friend(s)

Rather childish comment don't you think? Things don't go your way and you form the opinion it's because members are friends with Moderators.

a decent bloke who demonstrated nothing but support and praise for JC community

He created his account 20 April 2018!!!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I remember Raj and I don't think knowing the rules would have helped him much. Like elephants some people are just jerks. He'd done everything, knew everything, owned all the monies and spoke down to anyone who didn't share his views. It's hard to believe this was the real guy cause outside a forum that's gotta be a lonely life.

I've never read the rules, don't really need to and never incurred an infraction maybe just a light "careful buddy" where I've let emotion rule reason.