Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Testing Car Alarm

michaelnair

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Holden Commodore Executive
Hi Folks,

I'm glad I found this forum. My name's Michael from Geelong and I'm after some advice. I'm selling my 1996 Holden Commodore VS Series II Executive and I received a question from a potential buyer. He wants to know whether the alarm works. Now as far as I know, the car locks fine with remote and I see the lights flashing in the interior when the car is locked...but I've never heard the car alarm as there never has been a reason for it to go off.

How do I test to see whether the car alarm works, without actually breaking the windows and trying to get in? :doh::unsure:

My Vs Commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Commodore Executive
Try rolling down the window, then lock the car, then try to unlock the car from the inside you know the lock switches on the inside of the door, that might set the alarm off. Do it out side the car.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i would think if it doesnt have an aftermarket alarm than it wouldn't have one at all,vs executive dont usually have a factory alarm,only immobiliser...

Last edited:

VRCalaisVR

That's what she said
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VSIII Statesman
On my VR calais, if used the key to unlock the boot while the alarm was engaged it would set the alarm off

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Executives didnt have an alarm fitted as standard.Just the immobiliser.