Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Testing electrical connectivity

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
My LED stop lights on my rear sports fin on the rear boot does not work. The other lights work properly, so it is unlikely it is a fuse. How do you test to see if the 2 wires that run to the LED's actually have electrical connectivity? I would be grateful if there are any other suggestions to diagnose this problem.

kenwstr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Mate, the easiest and by far cheapest and therefore 1st tool you need is a test lamp probe. This is looks like a clear plastic handle screwdriver except the it's pointy. It has a lead with a clip. You clip onto an eath. then insert the probe into the back of plugs or onto contacts, wherever you want to test. If there is power, the lamp lights up.

Just trace the circuit for the fuses. Note many fuses have contacts in back so you can test the fuse without pulling it.

Ken

Doubleshadow

Too much is not enuff!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Thanks!

I appreciate the assistance.

ssute57l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Mate, the easiest and by far cheapest and therefore 1st tool you need is a test lamp probe. This is looks like a clear plastic handle screwdriver except the it's pointy. It has a lead with a clip. You clip onto an eath. then insert the probe into the back of plugs or onto contacts, wherever you want to test. If there is power, the lamp lights up.

Just trace the circuit for the fuses. Note many fuses have contacts in back so you can test the fuse without pulling it.

Ken

What happens if the problem is in the negative side of things?
You could also have a broken wire running along the hinge etc, If you have power there,put the test lead clip on one wire and the probe to the other and have someone press the brakes and see if it lights up,m your lamp could be faulty.