Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Text messages on VF Series 2 My link Redine SSV

Brown Dog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Nitrate Manual Redline
i should prob read the manual - never knew about this setting o_O

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
Thanks to all who replied. I read the manual again and found the piece about Notificatins O on the iPhone menu. It started working after the second message. Cannot read while car moving though. Have to listen.

I see that some people posted the answer too. Thanks again.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
Edit: sorry I missed your post saying you found this information.

I have an iPhone and I can listen to messages and respond with the set mylink responses.
88472290-BCDF-4126-8D76-08044A3CFD38.jpeg0CE5AF85-2AE7-4CF0-94EE-04FD31940975.jpegDC6D08B3-19BD-4DCC-9E99-5BF988527A6C.jpeg
With your phone connected to mylink go into your phones Bluetooth settings click on the little Information icon and make sure notifications are aloud.

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
For those on ios 12 its worth updating to 13. Apple changed something between 12 and 13 and now the reply button works.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
For those on ios 12 its worth updating to 13. Apple changed something between 12 and 13 and now the reply button works.
Oh what really?? I just assumed that it would never work for iPhones and never looked to see if it works with iOS 13!!

Edit: Just tried it and it works :D So happy now

Last edited:

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
If you have set up everything correctly, I have an iPhone 6 which is running ios 12 and is not capable of updating to ios 13, a cool feature is hold down the talk button on steering wheel for a few seconds and it activates Siri (even when connect via bluetooth and not charge lead) so you can talk and it will reply and send messages, very easy to use and prompts you through the steps.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have an iPhone 6 which is running ios 12 and is not capable of updating to ios 13
Are you sure … have you tried?
My iPhone SE is, as far as I know, mostly an iPhone 6 innards inside an iPhone 5 case, and mine's most definitely at iOS 13.1.3.

After a few posts in this thread I had a fiddle on the weekend, the properties of the Bluetooth connection to MyLink had something to do with Notifications switched off (Show Notifications or Share Notifications - unsure which). I can't say, however, whether the option to turn that ON was available previously.

I'll test it in the car, one of these days. :)

Next question from me … anyone know if it's possible to use this telephone functionality with MyLink when connected only via USB? I can make 'phone calls when plugged-in via USB, but there's no 'phone book available to MyLink, which had me trying to tell the poor car to dial my wife 10 times in a row before realising it couldn't understand what I was saying due to not having access to her name/number in any 'phone book (it was quite distressing for the poor car! :))

Last edited:

Philmecrackun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
Yes, I checked before posting, the iPhone 6 is like the red headed stepkid, a friend has the SE and when I set his up Siri work without being connect, even if it is in his pocket, but the 6 has to be connected to power via the USB lead, I suppose one good thing with MyLink is that it makes siri partially work in the car.

Every time I get in the car it downloads the phonebook, takes about a minute and then just tap the talk button and ask "call so so" and it confirms the names then calls