Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tf rodeo drift truck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Alright so no not a commo but I figure the community should have some good ideas.
I've been building a rodeo mini truck mainly for drift, it's still got the stock 2.6mpi and that solid little done has 475k on the odo and never misses a beat. To be honest it's probably the most reliable rig I own, anyway I'm tossing up on rebuilding the 2.6 then turboing it? It's such a solid motor it seems stupid to toss it but will it handle a turbo and what size? My uncle has a wreckers so if an ls1 Comes in I'll obviously grab that but I've got plenty of v8s n never been into four cylinders so I thought if I'm goanna do it it would be to the rodeo
Straya-mate.jpg

Reactions: Lex
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Not a rodeo, but some inspiration with another mini truck styled drift car which runs in Vic.

242233433_1542398712802452_9181452998485067915_n.jpg
That's sick, there's an insane v8 one in America I'll try find the link man definitely worth a gander, what's yah opinion on flat tray vs well body when it comes to drift. My rodeo is gutless as he'll but with no rear weight and stretched tyres its almost impossible to drive in the rain and fun as hell in the dry too. Cheers for the reply
20211017_181150.jpg
20211017_181225.jpg
20211017_175551.jpg

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Tray is up to you, but for me I'd run a tub even if its a just a gutted one like on the Engineered to Slide Hilux. But realistically tub or tray won't do change anything other that a bit of weight as the suspension underneath remains the same. Depends what you want to do with it exactly and how deep you want to dive. Options are endless if you want to take it there. I've got a thread on my R33 which I drift on here. That's what a snowballing drift car is like.

H

harrop.senator

They have a good wheel base and they're already twitchy so it's pretty easy to sit one out.

The 2.6 is good especially with the turbo kit , I'd be probably running a link but that's because I'm a bitch at self tuning and just modern computer good tuner these days.

Mega squirt, adaptronic , emu , maxxecu , holley etc all would work if you're willing to wire and tune.

I wouldn't even rebuild the 2.6 properly .

Bearings , ring gap I'd comps good and head studs lol. They're cheap af for another one if it goes .

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
They have a good wheel base and they're already twitchy so it's pretty easy to sit one out.

The 2.6 is good especially with the turbo kit , I'd be probably running a link but that's because I'm a bitch at self tuning and just modern computer good tuner these days.

Mega squirt, adaptronic , emu , maxxecu , holley etc all would work if you're willing to wire and tune.

I wouldn't even rebuild the 2.6 properly .

Bearings , ring gap I'd comps good and head studs lol. They're cheap af for another one if it goes .
Cheers bro I appreciate the reply. What turbo do yah reckon, I know nothing about turbskies but I've googled the **** out of 2.6mpi turbo set ups and it just brings up the diesels. Like if I go on garrets website do I just look for one that's 2.4-3l or something?

H

harrop.senator

Bugger Garrett show me the manifold , whether you want internal or external wastegate , max psi and what you're prepared to rev it to. I can then make a good reccomendation for you man.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Bugger Garrett show me the manifold , whether you want internal or external wastegate , max psi and what you're prepared to rev it to. I can then make a good reccomendation for you man.
True what a legend! I'm out of town until the morning but I'll get some pics for yah. Appreciate you mate