Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

TH700/4L60 trans TCC

robkeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hilux LN110R with Vx ecotec using VP11 electrics
Hi brains trust,

i am using a TH700 type trans with a manual TCC switch for the lockup wired through the 4th gear etc.

My problem is that it all works fine when the box is cold, but stops working when box is hot.

Replaced the solenoid at recent service as old unit had slight cracking

any ideas??

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Remote chance it might be a wiring problem. On other cars I've wired in a light to come on when the overdrive solenoid gets a signal. Maybe you could wire up something to check the TCC electrical circuit is working when hot.

robkeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
MMM?? used to work just fine but as box has got older the TCC working has become less and less. Used to work fine when hot at higher speed but not now?? im assuming a pressure drop in the system??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
A worn valve body can give problems with TC lock up.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
13. No TCC lockup: Brake pedal switches improperly adjusted (always on), TCC solenoid failed (easy fix in the pan), TCC clutch worn out (must remove trans and replace TC).

The above item is from "4I60e common problems". Brake pedal switches are not relevant to you because you have a manual switch. Likewise you have just replaced the TCC solenoid. That leaves the TCC clutch worn out as a possible cause of your problem.

robkeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has the temp switch been bypassed?
i believe so, i supplied the wiring diagram from (oldholdens).to the trans builder, and it was working fine 2 years back but with time it now only works first thing in the day when the trans is cold. Im wondering if the pressure solenoid my be causing issues Or the trans is running low pressures although shifts are good no 'flare' on changes