Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thanks guys

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
A short while ago I posted asking for help because I'm stupid when it comes to writing eBay ad's. I asked for opinions you tore me apart, now I just want to thank the guys that commented, you have inspired a young Holden enthusiast to pull his finger out.

Since posting that ad I have been inspired to complete my car:
The supercharger is now off and being rebuilt.
The intercooler, blow-off valve, and piping is all being organised.
I'm sending [the ???] into the shop to have wiring and a couple minor leaks fixed.
I've removed the clutch fan and will be running twin thermos.
I'm dropping off my spare interior for a custom re-trim.
I'm fitting all new suspension bushes, and a larger brake kit.

So in the next few weeks when it's all done I'll post some pictures so those of you that pointed out all my faults can now praise what a young guy can do

I'm also changing my wheels again, from some 20 inch copy-cat thing, and I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm thinking some 20 inch wire wheels with white walls on a VQ statesman should look good?

Any other opinions on mods for a supercharged V8 while I'm excited about working on it?

i would like to thank danja very much i am going to use it with pride .
THANK YOU

Last edited:

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
its a joke mate besides that i did the last engine change and gearbox change myself with my new job i sadly will not have the time to do it myself and i wouldnt even no where to begin with a supercharger rebuild i do as much as i can my self but my skills are limited i cant retrim an interior i prepped it all my self for paint there is a whole list of things i have done myself but there is probly a larger list of things i cant do maybe you can come and teach me a thing or two then no need to be a smart ass

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
You obviously didn't take any notice of all who told you to use sentences and paragraphs. Even on here, it is very hard to read what you are trying to say.
Tell me, when you talk to someone, do you say everything you have to say in one breath or do you actually stop and breath occassionally? What I am saying here is, think about what you are about to write and write is as you would say it in a conversation. If you write well, people will be more likely to read it and then offer some advice.

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
is this a forum on english lessons now , i wasnt aware of this il keep it in mind from now on.Yah any tips would be good im trying but i seem to come across people in this forum that are more interested in picking on my grammar and puncuation i didnt to very well in school sorry . So i guess il put the call out for an english tutor aswell .

Car advice wanted .
English teacher needed.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Ross is simply saying that without proper punctuation and sentences posts are a bitch to read, Which almost always ends up in people skipping over them without reading them.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
is this a forum on english lessons now , i wasnt aware of this il keep it in mind from now on.Yah any tips would be good im trying but i seem to come across people in this forum that are more interested in picking on my grammar and puncuation i didnt to very well in school sorry . So i guess il put the call out for an english tutor aswell .

Car advice wanted .
English teacher needed.

Mate

If you post on this forum seeking help and advice, the least you can do is make your post intelligible (ie easy to understand). Yours are not. They are difficult to read and more difficult to comprehend, especially when you omit all punctuation and use words like "no" instead of "know". As said above, people look at your post, read about two lines and think "stuff this", then go to the next thread.

hsv8vq

Reaction score
Members Ride
vq statesman
I am sorry that i have not reached the same education as the rest of you . I KNOW my spelling is not great but , i am just here asking for car advice from fellow holden lovers .
If you dont want to give me advice on my car please dont pick on my poor education all i would like is some simple input on my vechile .

Please if you feel the need to help to help me with my grammar puncuation spelling or any thing not related to my vechile please PM me and i promise i will get straight back to you

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
is this a forum on english lessons now , i wasnt aware of this il keep it in mind from now on.Yah any tips would be good im trying but i seem to come across people in this forum that are more interested in picking on my grammar and puncuation i didnt to very well in school sorry . So i guess il put the call out for an english tutor aswell.

English teacher needed.

Well, seeing as you asked nicely, something like this would probably cop less flak next time.

A short while ago I posted asking for help because I'm stupid when it comes to writing eBay ad's. I asked for opinions you tore me apart, now I just want to thank the guys that commented, you have inspired a young Holden enthusiast to pull his finger out.

Since posting that ad I have been inspired to complete my car:
  • The supercharger is now off and being rebuilt.
  • The intercooler, blow-off valve, and piping is all being organised.
  • I'm sending [the ???] into the shop to have wiring and a couple minor leaks fixed.
  • I've removed the clutch fan and will be running twin thermos.
  • I'm dropping off my spare interior for a custom re-trim.
  • I'm fitting all new suspension bushes, and a larger brake kit.

So in the next few weeks when it's all done I'll post some pictures so those of you that pointed out all my faults can now praise what a young guy can do ;)

I'm also changing my wheels again, from some 20 inch copy-cat thing, and I'd like to hear what you guys think. I'm thinking some 20 inch wire wheels with white walls on a VQ statesman should look good?

Any other opinions on mods for a supercharged V8 while I'm excited about working on it?

Car advice wanted .

Stay away from 20's, they are a waste of money when it's time to change tyres, they make the car less comfortable for you and your passengers, and they often look ****.

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Well, seeing as you asked nicely, something like this would probably cop less flak next time.

Stay away from 20's, they are a waste of money when it's time to change tyres, they make the car less comfortable for you and your passengers, and they often look ****.

well said danja.