Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thanks

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I got to drive one with Magnaride suspension
You may not be old enough to remember what a Magna was like to ride in … but … why the **** would you want that suspension?!?!

The only reason to have a Ford in your garage is to act as an Annode to stop Holdens rusting...LOL.
My Ford is just a shell … I guess I'm keeping a Ford off the road. 5 actually, if you count all the cars we hacked up & sent to the tip, to get all the parts!
:D
Fair enough I have spent a lot of time in the moosetang’s (I have a family member that works at ford) ranging from the four-cylinder turbo up to 2019 5L and I just don’t rate them.
I only put the MY17 I drove up the Hunter Valley (up & back Putty Rd) juuust under the Redline, but not by much.
Given the enhancements to the MY18, although I've not driven one I'd be really surprised if I didn't prefer it by a fair chunk. :)

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Yes mate. I got to drive one with Magnaride suspension (which I have ordered) and AC-Heated seats. Only drove for about 2 hours but was pretty impressed. It won't be my daily either.

Curious how you found the motor compared to the LS3 in terms of power, sound etc?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've driven 2 MY19 Mustangs, both with the 10 speed autos. Both really capable of putting a smile on my face.
I'd consider a Mustang over a converted 2SS Camaro.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I've driven 2 MY19 Mustangs, both with the 10 speed autos. Both really capable of putting a smile on my face.
I'd consider a Mustang over a converted 2SS Camaro.
much cheaper for similar performance and better finish

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
Curious how you found the motor compared to the LS3 in terms of power, sound etc?

I've now had the car for 4 days, the 10spd auto is fantastic as is the sound. In terms of driving and power it feels a hell of a lot quicker than the LS3

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
You may not be old enough to remember what a Magna was like to ride in … but … why the **** would you want that suspension?!?!

Hey ease up Forg!...my 19yo Magna is still as smooth as silk without a single rattle or squeak!. off topic - but if you get a chance - read the period reviews of magna vs falcodores...it generally wins in most aspects. One of Australia's truly underrated and underappreciated cars.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Hey ease up Forg!...my 19yo Magna is still as smooth as silk without a single rattle or squeak!. off topic - but if you get a chance - read the period reviews of magna vs falcodores...it generally wins in most aspects. One of Australia's truly underrated and underappreciated cars.
Yeah it was a cheap-shot just 'cos it was available. :)
I recall the review where the AWD one (which was nobbled tad by an exhaust which they didn't really have enough money to properly rejig for our small market) was notably quicker than the Liberty B4 for a fair bit less moulah.

Mind you, the opposite is true of the qualities of Magna before the DOHC powered models were released … you wouldn't still be driving it if you had one of the SOHC V6 or Astron-II models, it'd have died years ago.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Yeah it was a cheap-shot just 'cos it was available. :)
I recall the review where the AWD one (which was nobbled tad by an exhaust which they didn't really have enough money to properly rejig for our small market) was notably quicker than the Liberty B4 for a fair bit less moulah.

Mind you, the opposite is true of the qualities of Magna before the DOHC powered models were released … you wouldn't still be driving it if you had one of the SOHC V6 or Astron-II models, it'd have died years ago.
I remember gettting smoked by a 380 when I had my tuned turbo 4 banger quattro.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Were these the versions that were cast here, and ended up being porous engine crank cases?