Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

That truck driver you flipped off? Let me tell you his story

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
I have nothing but respect for truck drivers.

One time when I was very young and inexperienced driving from perth to kal in my shitty magna at about 10pm I tried overtaking a triple, basically blind. Got about halfway past when i noticed an incoming hill with 0 visibility of the other side, I was commited to the overtake and past the point of no return so I just had to pray for the best. The trucky I was passing must've got on the cb because as I came over the hill another incoming road train was just pulling off the road. Both trucks gave me a blasting with horn/lights which I well deserved but fk I would've been mince if it wasn't for him.

So yeah, I treat them all with respect and always let them in etc when they're trying to merge.

Driving from Melbourne over to the west coast In a dodgey backpackers van I had nothing but respect for the truck drivers too. The ones that are faster than me I tried my best to let them through without disrupting their momentum. The ones slower than me I found really good at flashing me when it was safe to pass them which is handy because you cant see **** past the big ones (as you found out haha).
For some reason many travelers I met whinged about the cowboy truck drivers on the nullabor. Don't know what there problem was, they must have been doing something wrong because I found them easy to share the road with

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Dont think thats the rule at all, unless you live in India

i didnt say it was the rule but to me it makes a lot more sense... trucks take longer to stop than cars, cars take longer to stop than bikes... you do the maths as to who you should give way to

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
i didnt say it was the rule but to me it makes a lot more sense... trucks take longer to stop than cars, cars take longer to stop than bikes... you do the maths as to who you should give way to

All good in principle, except that bikes stop slower than cars; if they are doing it safely.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
All good in principle, except that bikes stop slower than cars; if they are doing it safely.

Actually, the principle fails, as the law states all vehicles behind must keep a safe distance, in which case must also give way to all vehicles in front regardless of size.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

Giving trucks enough room to safely stop and corner is a different thing altogether to just giving way because they're bigger.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Watching that first video the truck drivers are just as mad. also as insensitive to other truck drivers as car drivers are.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Cry me a river. I am fed up of being stuck behind them in traffic on my way to work because they sit side by side in 60 zones. Then at traffic lights you have to endure them both taking off slowly and taking forever to get back up to 60. They should be banned from the right hand lanes. According to my Cousin in the UK it is like that there to allow the traffic to flow better.

i had 6 of the bastards in front of me this morning

on a 3 lane 80 km/h road with 6 trucks spread over all 3 lanes all struggling to do even 60 but most times they were doing only between 40 and 50 for a distance of more than 5 ks.
not 1 of the arrogant ####ers would move over.
but then we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they are doing their job
doesn't matter that they are holding everyone else that are also trying to do their job

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
i had 6 of the bastards in front of me this morning

on a 3 lane 80 km/h road with 6 trucks spread over all 3 lanes all struggling to do even 60 but most times they were doing only between 40 and 50 for a distance of more than 5 ks.
not 1 of the arrogant ####ers would move over.
but then we're supposed to feel sorry for them because they are doing their job
doesn't matter that they are holding everyone else that are also trying to do their job

Yeah I see no reason for them to do this. I was taught while doing HC/MC licences to stick to the left or middle lane on 3 lanes, just common courtesy. Obviously if you are turning 200 metres down the road then move over.

Seems courtesy is part of a bygone era.