Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

That Wheels/Motor Photo

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
Hey guys, just had a bit of a realisation.

has anybody noticed the eerie similarity between the new Barina Sedan and those spy pics in wheels/motor?

its like they photochopped it to look bigger and more commodore like, but the lights/grille/bumper treatment is so similar to the Barina sedan that i think the mags were just scraping for a scoop...

Attachments

• ve%20pic%2012.jpg
    ve%20pic%2012.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 419
  • ve%20pic%2013.jpg
    ve%20pic%2013.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 0,10114,5112743,00.jpg
    0,10114,5112743,00.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Copy%20of%202.jpg
    Copy%20of%202.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 370

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
ciaranvt said:
its like they photochopped it to look bigger and more commodore like, but the lights/grille/bumper treatment is so similar to the Barina sedan that i think the mags were just scraping for a scoop...
There are VE Commodores on the road. The mags might not have the right grille or badging, but the bodywork is from the real deal. Anyhow, Holden seem to be going extra lengths to stop "leaks" about the VE. I know of 2 people who've seen it, and neither of them will say anything about it.

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
oh and im not doubting that!

what im saying is, those photos from wheels are just stretched and fiddled with Barina Sedan Pics.

its pretty clear if you look at those side by side.

The styling in those spy pics are so... boring and vague (kind like a BA falc)

the new commodore has gotta have a little bit more spice...

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
ciaranvt said:
what im saying is, those photos from wheels are just stretched and fiddled with Barina Sedan Pics.
I don't think so.
ciaranvt said:
its pretty clear if you look at those side by side.
True, but I think its more to do with the fact that the VE will look that way.
ciaranvt said:
the new commodore has gotta have a little bit more spice...
The real spice will be under the skin...

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I think alot of the cars in Holden's range will have a corporate feel about them, ie having similar appearences. But anyway, as someone has already said in another thread, theres no point in speculating about it, i'm just quite happy to wait for it to come out.

V

VX_KN079

ciaranvt said:
what im saying is, those photos from wheels are just stretched and fiddled with Barina Sedan Pics

There are a lot of people out there who really can't tell the subtlties of cars. I'm sorry to say that the new Barina is absolutely NOTHING like any of the images released of the VE Commodore...

When you say the photos of the VE are just stretched and fiddled with photos of something else, it is your brain realising that there are differences between the cars, not that they have actually changed a picture of something already out there.

Hell, if all it took for magazine sales was to release computer edited pictures of already released models, I'd start my own "Scoop" magazine tomorrow but the informed public would catch on VERY quickly!!

Sorry mate, but you are wrong.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
fourstar82 said:
I think alot of the cars in Holden's range will have a corporate feel about them, ie having similar appearences. But anyway, as someone has already said in another thread, theres no point in speculating about it, i'm just quite happy to wait for it to come out.

i agree just wait till it comes out

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
VX_KN079 said:
There are a lot of people out there who really can't tell the subtlties of cars. I'm sorry to say that the new Barina is absolutely NOTHING like any of the images released of the VE Commodore...

When you say the photos of the VE are just stretched and fiddled with photos of something else, it is your brain realising that there are differences between the cars, not that they have actually changed a picture of something already out there.

Hell, if all it took for magazine sales was to release computer edited pictures of already released models, I'd start my own "Scoop" magazine tomorrow but the informed public would catch on VERY quickly!!

Sorry mate, but you are wrong.

no need to slam mate, and for your records, i studied industrial design (a forerunner to studying auto design) so i figure my analysis of the styling cues isnt so far wrong, and if you were to look at the pictures supplied, you'd be pretty damn blind (or ignorant) to not see the similarities between the two.