Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thatotherguy's 95 VS Acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
Engine bay got painted today. Have also added in the bracket for the cruise control as that is a feature I missed having when the car was on the road. Have just been slowly cleaning things up but not a whole heap of progress to talk about. Has been over 12 months since I last drove the car and im starting to miss it. Things should start progressing more now this larger task is done. Next up is to pull the rear cradle out and rebush that. Motor itself is still sitting at my parents place largely untouched.
NVnoqHm.jpg

dPatEV3.jpg

AEIWJK8.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did the VS Acclaim not have cruise standard? My old VR S-pac ute had it and it didn't appear to have been added later.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the VS Acclaim not have cruise standard? My old VR S-pac ute had it and it didn't appear to have been added later.

Yes it did have cruise when it was a v6, but the v8 has cruise mounted in a different spot which needs the bracket welded on

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a while since updates but in short the car is running, driving and mostly back together. When I got it home from being painted I focussed my attention on getting the engine bay reassembled, most stuff being either cleaned, repainted or replaced before being reinstalled. Once I finished that I pulled the whole rear cradle out and installed new bushes, and gave it a fresh coat of paint. Gave the underside a fresh coat of stone guard where I could laying on my back. Once the rear cradle was back in the car my dad bought the motor back up to me and we reinstalled it. I slowly pieced it back together on weekends until I made the decision to move back closer to friends and family. I picked up the pace as there wasn’t heaps left to do but it needed to be running and movable again. Got it running and movable and took it for a drive for the first time in almost 2 years. I was also able to show my dad the car running before he passed away earlier this year. It’s still got a bit unfinished and needs a retune but it did what I needed it too.

04mooJZ.jpg

Rear cradle before install

6BcIZRL.jpg

Various brackets getting a coat of satin black

oh3iUdi.jpg

Engine mostly back together

8e2sApS.jpg

First time it’s ever been on a tow truck to my knowledge

ISgwBZi.jpg

After my first drive back from the mechanics. Was only short but was good. Have driven it a bit more but have some issues which need sorting. I want to quieten it down as it just drones when cursing around town and on the highway. Also still need to repaint the rocker covers and engine covers. There’s a bunch more little things that i can’t remember but will get to them as I can.