Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thatotherguy's 95 VS Acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim, VS II Calais, HQ Premier
Looks great mate! Excuse the ignorance but what is a patch loom and much involved with install of it and cluster?

Would love level 3 but have a v6 and unsure if they had level 3 clusters?

Thanks. Patch loom is just a custom loom to run the level 3 cluster which was a direct replacement with the factory loom which I got off eBay. There are V6 and V8 level 3 dashes, the one in my car came from a Berlina, calais and statesman are the same. You can just wire the extra plugs required into your existing loom but I chose the replace option which was a dash out job. There are a heap of threads on doing this conversion which should be able to help you more then I can

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
V6's do have lvl 3.
Patch loom is just a loom made to have the dash work. As lvl 2 and lvl 3 are different.
Fairly easy swap.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took a wheel rear wheel off today to check the camber wear on the tyres and found this in the tyre, it doesnt go all the way around and wasnt rubbing on anything under the guard so I have no idea what caused it. A mate had a similar thing happen to one of his tyres as well, same brand. Also found a screw in the front tyre so that needs to be fixed.
Ill probably have two new tyres put on the front and the current fronts put on the rear.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Took the car to cruise for charity today, couple of pics while it was clean

Got 2 new tyres for the front, had a wheel alignment and had the old fronts put on the rear. Drives so much better now with decent tyres on the front. Have been putting more time into the HQ lately so not much else is new with this.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Did I spot this near port adelaide friday arvo? :p

Last edited:

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Haha, Didn't know if it was anyone from JC until I got home and went through VR/VS threads and found it.. :p recognized the plates. :p
Car looks good though man. :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha, Didn't know if it was anyone from JC until I got home and went through VR/VS threads and found it.. :p recognized the plates. :p
Car looks good though man. :)

Thanks man :)
Your car really stands out, defiantly suits the car

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Just before I spotted you I had some woman next to me saying she loved the car and the colour haha. :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a huge update but put some rear boot carpet pieces in from a calais, just tidies it up a bit. Cars out of rego now so hopefully soon ill start on the v8 swap.

Before

After