Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The 1968 Chevy Impala

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
For the time being, buy a 1L bottle of Valve saver/flash lube etc from any auto store then one of the 50ml ones as well. Keep the smaller one full in the glovebox and add it when you fill up the car, then fill the small bottle up from the larger one. Its a bit annoying but for as often as you'll be driving it Its not that big of a deal and will get you through for under $50 at least until you decide to go further with the engine anyway.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
^^^^^ This !!
Not that bad/hard .
Use / enjoy for that limited use.
And then plan where you're going with the build= and down the track rebuild to suite unleaded and HP.

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute, MKII LV XR5 TURBO
This was interesting, was talking to my grandpa about doing a couple of things to the car up at his place since it will probably be there for a while, and we talked about jacking the car up. he mentioned that the car is so large that the standard jacks you get from tool stores simply will not cut it.

Apparently you need a much longer jack to lift the rear up as he had one with a custom handle that is much longer to lift up the rear. interesting..

what would be the best few things to start on that are smaller than the other more major things?

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
InkedIMG_20220828_144658_07u.jpg

It's official! she is now mine.just got this receipt from him in exchange for cash. i will probably need to get him to do the
Vicroads papers as well, but will leave that for another time! very excited

he also mentioned that he has 2 white aircraft landing lights for the impala to place into, apparently they make my high beams look like a pipsqueak in the focus ST. also mentioned 100kph is just too slow for the impala back in the day. oh boy! this will be fun

thought you might like to see another one of his cars that he drives to the shops sometimes

power windows and has power roof windows as well, big V8 as well

IMG_20220828_111245_7g.jpg
IMG_20220828_111226_07g.jpg
IMG_20220828_111210_1rt.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
That’s really skilful photoshop editing Zach…, a skilful digital addition of the chair to hide the number plate… you can’t even tell it isn’t real… most people just scribble over the number plate :p:p:p

In any case, love the Mercedes but it needs some TLC to bring it back to its glory days :cool:

(PS: I know it’s an old school physical add on to hide the plate or the ding, just trying to be funny)

Reactions: Lex

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s really skilful photoshop editing Zach…, a skilful digital addition of the chair to hide the number plate… you can’t even tell it isn’t real… most people just scribble over the number plate :p:p:p

In any case, love the Mercedes but it needs some TLC to bring it back to its glory days :cool:

(PS: I know it’s an old school physical add on to hide the plate or the ding, just trying to be funny)
yeah, she is a bit beat up at the moment. my grandpa always sits on that chair and waits for me to rock up. so it does have another purpose. it was originally my uncles.. my grandpa also had a couple of other cars like a fairlane ZD with a GT motor i think, and a belair..

granps was a legend back in the day apparently

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Grandpa is still a legend… your dad survived his childhood and later you were born :p

"

Zachariah

Reaction score
Members Ride
Grandpa is still a legend… your dad survived his childhood and later you were born :p

"
*mum, and yes he still is. he still wants to put a 454 in there. maaaaaaan, i don't have the money