Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The 2012 Summernats Pic Thread...

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Not true. During qualifying he hit the wall and stopped the car. The fire marshall after inspecting the car waved him through to the exit where he approached the next marshall who said "well done" with a big smile and gave him a ticket. No mention of being disqualified.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I think in qualifying there was a fire and he kept going, disobeying the fire marshall.

Then, what, 2 cars before he was due to compete that burnout shown in the vid he was told he was disqualified because of his actions, so I'm guessing then the officials weren't gonna let him on the track so he forced his way through. I think initially he got a lifetime ban which was later downgraded to a one year ban. He issued a statement of apology.

If that is the case there is zero sympathy from me. Bottom line is motorsport is dangerous enough - competitors *must* follow directions from officials. Simple as that. From the video above appears to have driven thru the officials to the burnout pad I think he should count himself lucky being banned from the event is all that happened to him. I can understand being annoyed at the waiting mentioned in posts above but there is *no* excuse for using your car to move officials out of the way.

Reaper

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
clairbear showed the video, he was DQ for dropping a burnout on the pad while there was the marshalls on it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
clairbear showed the video, he was DQ for dropping a burnout on the pad while there was the marshalls on it.
Where does it show him getting DQ'ed? I see the official give him his ticket for the finals...............

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Where does it show him getting DQ'ed? I see the official give him his ticket for the finals...............

read what i wrote, he was dq for the burnout on the pad when the marshalls were on it even though he got to the finals

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Not true. During qualifying he hit the wall and stopped the car. The fire marshall after inspecting the car waved him through to the exit where he approached the next marshall who said "well done" with a big smile and gave him a ticket. No mention of being disqualified. This can be seen clearly on the roof cam footage.

After sitting in line for 4 hours on Sunday he approached the burnout pad and was told he was disqualified. He was miffed by this, understandably, and later said they had 40 hours to notify him of his disqualification so why did they wait till he approached the pad and notify him at the last second. He admits he was wrong in nudging the car forward to move the Marshall's blocking him out of the way and going ahead with his burnout and as mentioned has issued an apology and deeply regrets his actions.

so to clarify this, They have 40 hours which would include just before the burnout or they have to notify him by 40 hours before the burnout comp?

Dazz

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
That was one sick burnout if I may say so

bigneilsen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1
did anyone else see that shitheap purple vl with those gay plastic brembo brake covers? i nearly died when i saw it

not sure if it was the purple vl but i remember seeing a car with those glue on calipers. just lost all respect for the car as soon as i seen that lol

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
so to clarify this, They have 40 hours which would include just before the burnout or they have to notify him by 40 hours before the burnout comp?

Dazz

What he means is there was 40 hours time lapse between him hitting the wall during qualifying and him entering the skid pan. His beef was having been given a ticket qualifying him to enter on Sunday, why did the powers that be decide at some point he was disqualified but choose not to tell him till he had queued for 4 hours on Sunday. Then they told him he was disqualified as he disobeyed a Fire Marshall, but if you watch the roof cam footage you can see the Fire Marshall happily wave him off the track where he was given a qualifying ticket.

im confused, if he got dq, why would a marshall have given him a ticket for the next day :s

Exactly which is why he got so wound up, not that I condone his behaviour. He could have backed up as he was being directed to and had it out with Officials by protesting the right way.