Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
Put all the weight and power into the calc and it reckons my 0-60mph time will be 3.77 seconds. Unlikely methinks. haha

Car weight an even 3900lbs me included. mafless tune, baby cam, dual 2.5 catback is good for about 300Kw. Seems a pretty fast time to me... someone care to lend me a GTECH?

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Awesome time, that's a very nice thing your wagon :), It's one thing doing that kind of 0-60mph on the track but to be able to do it on the street day in day out, well not alot of road cars can get that kind of drive on the street even if they do have the power to do it

Thats a very valid point you make foamy. There are alot of 500kw supercharged monsters cruising around and while they can turn the tyres at will in any gear it doesnt always make for great times in relation to their power on the street. Sure they can set them up for great times at the track but I think the guys such as yourself who are trying to tweak every last second out of their daily cars by working on the cars set up as a whole are having the real fun.
I wouldnt have believed you could have got your time down to 5.36secs for an unopened NA 304ci but the proof is in the pudding.
Keep it up guys the beauty of this challenge is that if its done on the right road and safely then it is totally legal and applicable to a daily driver. :w00t:

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I dont have a gtech but my 60ft time is 2.006

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I make 2.06 60 foots on the drag strip but I would be in the high 2.1's on the road. My car can only makes a 5.55 0-60 time at best now (well on the old exhaust) since I ran a clean manifold that seems to absorb heat better than the old one with a nice layer of sludge on it :) so haven't been sub 5.5 since then. I made the 5.36 as a record and a 5.42? or so as the second best on the original manifold both were freakishly good runs with a perfect slight over rotation of the tyres all the way through 1st and part of 2nd. I cant drive that well on purpose :) that was just a good combination of road/tyre/car and atmospheric conditions on those days.

But about the drive on the street I can make it to 60mph in the pouring rain in 5.9, not many cars can match that so you don't need a huuuuge amount of power to make good times really. Still to make it into the mid 4's I will need around 200 at the wheels with a _very_ fat mid range and it's going to be very dependant on getting the manifold just right

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
true this foamie, 200 @ wheels for a 4 second pass

alot more glory in making power n/a than boosted, boosted is easy power :)

still more fun opening up the roar of a N/A v8 :)

i should have my exhaust done next weekend if i can get the mufflers this week. also diff gears soon, i havnt done much for ages been too sick to even care about my car

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Wahoo - I am 1 happy camper. Did a bit more tinkering and am down to 5.5 0-60mph :D. I think i might be able to squeeze a little more out of it before major internal surgery is required.

Reaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
I am so entering this soon, so no one break it till i get the charger in next weekend, lsd going in tomorow so hold up! lol.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Wahoo - I am 1 happy camper. Did a bit more tinkering and am down to 5.5 0-60mph :D. I think i might be able to squeeze a little more out of it before major internal surgery is required.

Reaper

Nice one Reaper. Still on your same old crapy tyres? I would say, honestly with good tyres and a drag strip your car would currenty be the fastest unopened 5 litre in the world :0 gota feel good about that

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nice one Reaper. Still on your same old crapy tyres? I would say, honestly with good tyres and a drag strip your car would currenty be the fastest unopened 5 litre in the world :0 gota feel good about that

Thanks for that. More testing tomorrow - stay tuned. I hope to do a very early morning cold air run on sticky road. Hope I don't drink too much tonight though :)

Reaper