Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
16's until you get some decent rubber

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
im gonna buy a g-tec and give it a formal shot, but when i first got my car i did a 7.45 sec 0-60mph, a proper service and some tweaks i think i should be able to get into the decent 6's

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
im gonna buy a g-tec and give it a formal shot, but when i first got my car i did a 7.45 sec 0-60mph, a proper service and some tweaks i think i should be able to get into the decent 6's

6's in a v6 isnt easy

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
6's in a v6 isnt easy

i know, but itll be fun to try.

it's do-able. zorst, CAI, tune and some diff gears+LSD should get you there. i managed it on the above on the crapiest 14" stock wheels and rubber around. and maybe put it on a diet ;)

i'd have another run now that i have good rubber but i'm nursing a gearbox bearing at the mo. it should be good for mid 6's now me thinks and sub 15sec 1/4mile pass

Last edited:

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
4.388secs. 0-60mph. But I'll be buggered if I didnt delete the wrong run on the G-tec so no photo. Until I can repeat it my previous 4.454sec with photo still stands. DOH!
Considering some more power upgrades in January so it will be interesting how this will effect the time on street tyres as struggling to get the power down now in first gear.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute

When you do can i borrow it ? :D