Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The all encompassing Climate Change/AGW Thread..

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I wonder if Daly was on big oil payroll, last I checked he was independant before his death. No doubt someone will google up some magic link that claims otherwise.

Honestly, who else is going to fund the filthy pig climate 'deniers' and haters of the human species?

/sarc

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yes, you provided some facts, but none of those facts or articles supported your conclusion that man is not responsible for climate change, you havent even attempted to link them.

Graphs, yes nice, and you have good computer skills in getting it to show. Unfortunately it is not evidence of what you want it to be:
This was pointed out to you by vr94ss: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ng-climate-change-agw-thread.html#post1832240

and later on by myself: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ng-climate-change-agw-thread.html#post1832297,

Perhaps if you put it all in Upper case Id be convinced :rofl2:

You are either so unbeleivable naive or so so very utterly stupid.

Facts, the earth goes through cycles, every 100,000 years or so.

Some links to evidence, not that it matters since apprently only evidence that backs your idea is right.

CO2 vs Temperature: Last 400,000 years

Ice age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global warming and cooling during the past 400,000 years/TITLE>

Temperature and CO2 concentration in the atmosphere over the past 400 000 years - Maps and Graphics at UNEP/GRID-Arendal

ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/paleo/icecore/antarctica/vostok/deutnat.txt

3 things to note;

1. Even the site that is arguing FOR the arguement that man is causing global warming agree's that the earth goes through climate cycles.
2. Note the many references used on the sites as evidence for the evidence I am using.
3. Also notice that the timing of these cycles is quite consistant

Now, modern man has existed for about 150,000 years. This is also a fact, feel free to google it. Only way you can disagree with this is if you tell me that man has actually only existed 6,000 years since that is when god created man.

So broadly speaking, man has only existed since the last ice age until now, or, one climate cycle.

So we can safely say that man has not caused the cycles prior to this one due to being non existant. Wait, can I safely say that? I'm not sure, I should probably prove that casued the other cycles otherwise it has to have been man even though we didn't exist as a species yet.

So how can you argue that man is causing climate change now when they couldn't possibly have caused the previous cycles AND this cycle matches the timeframes of previous cycles?

Climate change is real, clearly, but man is not the cause.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
All i will say on this is. i was reading about climate change being all BS. a comment was made that, deniers are generally non-scientists. that doesn't make them idiots. everyone is entitled to their point of view. and we shouldn't squash dissenting voices as it moves debates forward. but surely us non-scientist need to, at some stage sit back and take note of these scientist findings and accept or live with them ?. it's their field of expertise.

Anyway, in my local area over the past year we have planted thousands of trees. it's at a cost of something like 5 million. that includes watering etc for the next 2-3 years.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I will say this now in this thread.

Keep it civil. if you do not have a nice way of replying, STFU. I will not close this thread, I will however have no issue putting people on either temp bans or moderated posts should the name slanging start. Many of us disagree...but let's keep it civil, i for one want to know more, as much as some people annoy me, there are always things to learn.

Consider this a first and final warning.

You are either so unbeleivable naive or so so very utterly stupid.

OK Minux... What now? I never see us calling you guys stupid.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
OK Minux... What now? I never see us calling you guys stupid.

I presented 2 theories. Either stupid or naive. So it's upto torch to decide which is true.

The only way I've called someone specifically stupid is if this is like the 2 theories of light and both are true.

PS. There is a report button. Feel free to use it.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I presented 2 theories. Either stupid or naive. So it's upto torch to decide which is true.

The only way I've called someone specifically stupid is if this is like the 2 theories of light and both are true.

I personally don't have a drama being called stupid or any name at all. Doesn't bother me..

Now here's why I posted that. I don't see any name calling before minux posted what he said but there must have been a reason however flimsy. He has now made that ruling as a mod and should keep his word or STFU.

I don't think you were overboard or anything, even if I disagree with your assumption.

Edit: The two theories of light are both true. It appears to be both a particle _and_ a wave. Now why that is, the unifying of both, is still open. I have my hypothesis(guess, idea).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Wow, so many greenies on here.
Go figure this out, the Government builds an electricity network fuelled by coal burning power statioins to feed power to Australia's population. Australia has heaps of coal so it was an obvious choice.
Now they want to introduce a carbon tax to charge the customers for using the power they fed you from the coal burning power stations they created !! and we wonder why they want to sell off the power assets.
Australia's population is so insgignificant on the world scale that our carbon emissions are a drop in the ocean. Oh but wait a second, who's going to benefit from the introduction of the tax ? The very governement who's introducing it !!! Bahahahahahahaha.
When will Australia learn to stop voting for the greenies or any party affiliiated with them ??

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Wow, so many greenies on here.
Go figure this out, the Government builds an electricity network fuelled by coal burning power statioins to feed power to Australia's population. Australia has heaps of coal so it was an obvious choice.

Yes, govco built the infrastructure, private enterprise could not have done it. BUT! No-one knew the consequences then. It was good for Au that govco did it or we'd still be riding on the sheep's back.

Now they want to introduce a carbon tax to charge the customers for using the power they fed you from the coal burning power stations they created !! and we wonder why they want to sell off the power assets.

Now they must sell off infrastructure to accommodate capitalist ideas and we see excessive price rises or diminishing services like everything public we sell to private. It's private now, don't blame govco, blame privco. As far as I'm concerned no fundamental infrastructure should be private, if we need it, we should own it and not rely on shareholders, dividends, markets or whatever else. Like our Armed forces, so expensive maybe we should outsource them. Britain tried that in the 5th century and it didn't turn out well. Now let's see privco step up and do what they always brag they can do but never actually achieve. Better services at lower prices.

Australia's population is so insgignificant on the world scale that our carbon emissions are a drop in the ocean. Oh but wait a second, who's going to benefit from the introduction of the tax ? The very governement who's introducing it !!! Bahahahahahahaha.
When will Australia learn to stop voting for the greenies or any party affiliiated with them ??

Population is not the point, we need to "pull our weight" for our population. Yes it's small population but if every town, city, province, state uses that argument nothing will ever happen. Au has to man up as the worlds biggest polluter per head of population.

I don't vote Green but I do preference them.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01