Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bathurst 2006 thread (was - Why Skaifey!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!)

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm i have a bad feeling boys i dont mean to lose faith but im banking a ford win.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well im backing lowndes in this, was going for skaifey and lowndes for second. i dont care if hes a ford driver hes a good driver and deserves to win it:thumbsup:

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm im hoping the Kelly's can pull through.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Heh.. running out of Holdens.

Actually speaking of all this, I can't wait to see VE supercars out there... they are gonna be some tough looking beasts.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
When I saw that, I thought "what a moron" of the guy who hit him...but then after a few replays, and them saying that just over the crest of the hill (where he got hit) the cars are routinely doing 250km/hr, I don't care how good a driver you are, even Brock himself wouldn't have been able to avoid Skaife dawdling along with a stuffed clutch when there are cars on your right boxing you in and no place to go but up the arse of the car in front of you...:bang:
One commentator was right...he should have pulled off the track to get out of the road of everyone else when it was obvious he was accelerating like a Hyundai in a pack of SS Commodores... instead of, as his team said "maybe it'll come good in a lap or two"...:whistling

I haven't seen anything since...I notice it's the "tenth anniversary of the V8 supercar racing" there...that makes it ten years since I could be bothered to sit down all day and watch an endless procession of Falcons and Commodores going around and around...:bang:
There are plenty of other V8's on sale in Australia which should be allowed in...they have a Chrysler Hemi pace car I notice...not to mention a small list including Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW, Toyota (Lexus), as well as a few others. Now that would be an entertaining race which would have people wondering just which make was going to win and create a bit of real brand competition amogst the fans. Of course, that would bring in the very real danger of something other than a Ford or Holden winning...and we know what happened when the Skylines and Jaguars years ago had the audacity to actually outperform the dinosaurs we build here...

stevegunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim wagon vt acclaim sedan
Well said wombat, I love V8 racing but its about time others were let back in.
In the old days when I worked in a nightclub til 7am we'd stay on after the punters had left and watch it all day on the giant screen with self service at the bar!! Couldnt be bothered doing that nowdays, its on at home but im doing other stuff and listening and watching every now and then. I was hoping skaife would win it but thats the way it goes.

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
Lets hope the supercheap auto commy of murphy gets up going strong at the moment.Everyone has forget them cause they have had a bad year.Alway strong at the mountain.Go the HOLDEN

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Jack Daniels had no where to go ,would have been good to have skaife on the podium..... Go Richards! #7

As long as Holden Wins for Brocky !!!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
So many accidents.... Not happy,,,,,, :(