Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bathurst 2006 thread (was - Why Skaifey!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
ford did need to borrow a born and breed Holden driver

har har... thats why craig lowndes wasnt allowed to drive his beloved cortina while he was at HRT. mate, he has always been a ford man... he was just given a drive by holden first

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
In The Age today, they mentioned that Lowndes and Brock had alot in common. Apart from both driving for Holden and eventually having a falling out, both grew up in the Diamond Creek area, both went to the same Primary School, and both raced carts at the same track when they were kids. They were really close mates and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of the win than Lowndes. I would have liked the Kelly boys to win it, but I guess it wasn't to be. Brocks legacy is well served by Lowndes.

After the Kelly boys performance togther this year at Sandown and Bathurst, it wouldn't surprise me if they end up together at Toll HSV next year. I feel sorry for Murph and McConville, after having such a crap year, they were doing really well yesterday and looked set for a strong finish, then WHAM into the wall after going over some oil on the road.

nevrl8inaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Ute
Congrats to lowndes for a well deserved victory.

I would LOVE to see you get off the line in one of these cars. When i did the V8 supercar drive at calder i could not believe how hard these things were to get moving.

But Skaife is a 'professional', he gets paid to do this'.........
perhaps we can all chip in and buy Mark an auto..:)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
But Skaife is a 'professional', he gets paid to do this'.........
perhaps we can all chip in and buy Mark an auto..:)

Professionals do make mistakes too you know..look at all forms of motorsport...jesus

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
har har... thats why craig lowndes wasnt allowed to drive his beloved cortina while he was at HRT. mate, he has always been a ford man... he was just given a drive by holden first

Craig was driving a black Ford Maverick or similiar at one stage while he was driving for HRT, then Holden gave him a car (I think it was a ute) with HRT-JNR licence plates, probably to disuade him from parking the Ford amongst the Holden support vehicles at the rear of the pits :p

Last edited:

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Craig was driving a black Ford Territory at one stage while he was driving for HRT, then Holden gave him a car (I think it was a ute) with HRT-JNR licence plates, probably to disuade him from parking the Ford amongst the Holden support vehicles at the rear of the pits :p
How's that possible? The territory wasn't released until 2004, well after he finished driving with HRT.

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
How's that possible? The territory wasn't released until 2004, well after he finished driving with HRT.

Ooops, I meant Maverick, not really up on Ford model names but the equivelent model of that time:rolleyes: