Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
We are in "The Pub"...may as well talk about beer.
As discussed in another thread guys lets discuss the glorious past time of drinking beers!

What beers do you drink now, what beers did you drink back in the day?...and what beers if any do you refuse to drink and why?

beer_brewery.jpg

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I've got a trying different types of foreign beers going atm. Found Asahi (Jap beer) to be a really nice, definitely one of my favourites.

Back in the day was VB (cause throw downs were cheap) but cant stand it now. XXXX I tried once and holy crap it was the worst tasting beer I have ever tried. Pure Blonde is quite a nice Aussie beer (not for the low carb bs either).

There you go Straya I contributed :p

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I like TED's, XX Dos Equis and carlton cold, whilst I was traveling overseas I enjoyed drinking Heineken as they sold it in 6 packs at 7/11's for a dollar a can, how can you say no to that?

I am very open to trying new beers and will often just drink whatever is on tap.

I know it will be an unpopular view but I don't like corona's and even think that 'crownies' are over-rated.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
If I have beer, my choice is Tooheys extra dry or Carlton fusion with lime as I've said in The Random Thread.
Coronas are good with a slice of lime shoved down the neck of the bottle too!

VB is like urine and I've never liked it!

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Ok why do people compare crappy beer to urine? Who the hell even drinks piss in the first place let alone thinking hmm VB tastes like this :p

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Easily the funniest part of of this threadi is the fact I love all the beers everyone seems to hate haha

VB is up the top of the tier, with XXXX Gold keeping the driving duties in check. Do enjoy TED's but they are quite often the same price as VB, and they will lose that battle all day. Ill drink boutique's if its there but not going to go out of my way over a 6pack of green demons, do enjoy little creatures bright ale.

If its imported its not going to sit well, coronas with lime are good but $50 a carton on special doesnt sit right with me.

tl;dr VB me up