Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
At the bottle store on thursday, Saw KISS have their own beer. $88 for a box.
Anyone rich enough to buy and tell us what it tastes like?

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
Best Beer: Sol (cheap mans coronas) Tiger, TED
Worst Beer: VB, Peroni, Carlton Draught
Everyday beers: TED, Tooheys New

Found Sol one day in the local bottle-o and just blew me away. I personally think they are better then coronas and not just for the price either. Tiger beer isnt a bad drop.

Does anyone make home brew? Have had a few good beers from people who make their own.

Happyclem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
In most pubs my go-to beer is always a tooheys old, if it's on tap.
If there's a beer I haven't tried, I'll always give it a go.

At home, I'm a fanatical homebrewer, and love trying different styles - stout, porter, pilsner, all the belgian, american & english ales...the list goes on.
There's so many styles available worldwide, which makes choosing a favourite near impossible!
I'm a big supporter of microbreweries, so I'll always try a local tap over the bigboys.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
Anyone ever tried making home brew with some marijuana?
1 of my brothers done it years ago, just boiled up some weed and strained it and used the water. Not sure how much he used but I remember it tasted pretty bloody good. Gave the beer a bit of a fruit taste.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Notice on the bottle it's now made under licence by CUB.

is now a bad time to tell you that many other beers such as stella, carlsberg and alot of others were also done under licence at CUB? :p
some of which are no longer under licence because of SAB Miller now "owning" CUB.

even better when the high end beers come out of the exact same taps as the lower end :thumbsup:

now before anyone has a go and says im talking BS, im not. they only have so many filling lines they can use, thus how they come out of the same tap obviously not the same brew

Scrusy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL wagon
Anyone ever tried making home brew with some marijuana?
1 of my brothers done it years ago, just boiled up some weed and strained it and used the water. Not sure how much he used but I remember it tasted pretty bloody good. Gave the beer a bit of a fruit taste.

Sounds interesting. I'm gunna google that :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
was into home brewing from when i was 20 few a few years. Made some good ones and some average ones but all had a lot of kick !
Actually brewed virtually all the beer for my own 21st birthday party. It was a real classic night watching everyine drink my beer. I just supplied a case of VB for those who didn't want to drink my home brew. That was around the time the country brewer opened up, and i was one of their first customers.
Home brewing is the best way to learn about beer.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I had a pint of Guinness just now. But I think it was served too cold. $7.80!!