Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Anyone ever tried making home brew with some marijuana?
1 of my brothers done it years ago, just boiled up some weed and strained it and used the water. Not sure how much he used but I remember it tasted pretty bloody good. Gave the beer a bit of a fruit taste.

Does it get you stoned AND drunk? Had 1/2 a bottle of Absinth one night. Never had pot but felt a degree of intoxication I had never felt before!

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Does it get you stoned AND drunk? Had 1/2 a bottle of Absinth one night. Never had pot but felt a degree of intoxication I had never felt before!

Very interesting stuff Absinth.

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line

I'm not sure if you get stoned from it, I only tasted a small glass after he had made it.

Had a girl buy me a shot of absinth 1 night, Had never had it before and like an idiot downed in 1 go. Thought my throat was on fire! Could feel the liquid go down and leave a trail. Was enough to put me of it.lol

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

maybe smoke some weed first big fella.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Miller chill and Corona with the limes :p

Kinng

Happyclem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim Wagon
was into home brewing from when i was 20 few a few years. Made some good ones and some average ones but all had a lot of kick !
Actually brewed virtually all the beer for my own 21st birthday party. It was a real classic night watching everyine drink my beer. I just supplied a case of VB for those who didn't want to drink my home brew. That was around the time the country brewer opened up, and i was one of their first customers.
Home brewing is the best way to learn about beer.

My wife always tells me to buy a case of beer for those people who don't want to drink my homebrew.
I don't argue. :spot on: But I make sure I get a beer I want to drink, as everyone ends up drinking mine. I don't want to be left with a full case of VB!

Closing in on my 100th brew now. Been brewing All Grain for a few years, and it's a challenging & rewarding hobby. It does get depressing when things go wrong and you end up pouring 20L down the drain, but you just have to learn from your mistakes.

Haha, yep, they can pack a punch... my record is 11.5% for a Russian Imperial Stout. (It was delicious).

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I'm off to the beer festival at Newcastle this Sunday. Should be a good day out :beer chug:

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I just got back from my honeymoon to Thailand, and they have this Chang beer as their local beer. It's a Lager beer, nice smooth taste, and for $1AUD for a tall, why not lol. My workmate just told me it's cheap to get here too, it's strong too 6.5% alch content

tumblr_lv8y7x3OfC1qbyem5o1_400.jpg

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ha ha il pay that:p

Just find it odd so many people hate it neat but love it with coke?

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

The only way to drink a good spirit is neat. Ill only premix rubbish like JD

I used to brew my own beer as well, Had some fantastic brews and some not so good ones.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I just got back from my honeymoon to Thailand, and they have this Chang beer as their local beer. It's a Lager beer, nice smooth taste, and for $1AUD for a tall, why not lol. My workmate just told me it's cheap to get here too, it's strong too 6.5% alch content

tumblr_lv8y7x3OfC1qbyem5o1_400.jpg

CHANG is okay. You can buy it at DAN MURPHY'S. It's about 40 or so a slab.