Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Just saw where Asahi has bought Peroni and Grolsch.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My method is simple. A water cooler and the canned mixes (Coopers and Mr Beer). The water comes from the store, I use spring water. Also, used filtered tap water and came out ok. I prefer the spring water and at $0.99 a gallon is cheap. The taste of fresh beer is what got me hooked. Anyway, cleaning process is a breeze. I can make a batch within an hour and bottle it within hour and a half. I noticed, if you pour the beer on a glass or mug, rinse the bottle right away (cap and store), is way easier to sanitize and reuse. The bottles that I use are the swing tops and is the best thing since sliced bread. Fermenting and Conditioning is what takes the longest. Never had a single bad batch so far. I like to keep my brew simple. One of these days will try to make my own wort. Tried Apple juice to tinker with different yeasts to see what they do.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Well I'm back into brewing :)

Made an American Pale Ale for the first batch, whilst that sits in secondary fermentation for a few weeks have a German Weissbier in the BeerDroid and been fermenting away for 2 days now which should be good to go between 5 - 7 days.

Christmas being a quiet and all I even started up a new site with the spare vBulletin license since JC moved to XenForo.

Must say I'm enjoying being back in the brewing game but I also remember how hard it was starting a new site.

By all means check it out as I'm keen to gather some feedback - Just BrewArt

Cheers

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
XXXX bitter Beer is the best after working on a hot day, but it must be very very cold and then it sure does taste the best, old timers only drank it in a 5oz glass at the pub, no air-con back then and drinking out of big glass was just a southern thing that caught on with the younger gen.
The XXXX bitter Beer does not travel well at all, mainly due to if the temp rises beyond a point then it becomes crap tasting swill.

I drink out of the 370ml bottles mainly, but I put them up in the freezer and when I pull it out it has a nice frost covering the outside of the bottle, now that what I call beer drinking is all about, but you have to watch out when you open it, that it does not freeze the beer inside, so at times you will have to take 2 or 3 big mouth full, to stop that happening, but that half the fun of it.
To hell with drinking just sort of cool crappy XXXX that you get from most places nowadays, it's not worth it, esp when forking out $6 a Stubby no way !

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
My favourite Aussie beer.

bundaberg-ginger-beer.jpg
They use to make Bundaberg Horehound, it taste like crap out of the bottle but what you do is fill a glass with ice and then pour it in and drink it directly and then it's the best non alc drink in the world on a hot day after work.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
I drink Tooheys Old on cold Winter nights out camping, bloody nice drop. Tooheys New is ok.

I drank some bloody nice Pilsner in NZ.

I never drink any beer out of cans, yuck ! or plastic cups.

I drink Beer with a Bundy Rum and coke chaser mainly.

I am drinking a Nelsons County Kentucky blended Bourbon cola can now and I like the McAllister cola Scotch Whisky 440ml cans.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Later in the day, going to bottle some Weissbier; 3.5 Gallons.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
They use to make Bundaberg Horehound, it taste like crap out of the bottle but what you do is fill a glass with ice and then pour it in and drink it directly and then it's the best non alc drink in the world on a hot day after work.

I find Bundaburg a little too sweet , Macs brewery in NZ makes a good one , not so sweet , but best served really cold , I top it off with some home made iced green tea over ice , just the thing as a thirst quencher .