Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beige Bandit!

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
Picked up this VN Yesterday, was owned by a 75 year old woman and is completely straight. She used to put a blanket over it at night so i'm assuming it was her pride and joy.

1988 VN V6 Auto, just an executive but i did some searching under the passenger carpet and found the build sheet lists it as a Build Pack 114 and a Fleet car, interior is brown but is in immaculate condition and even has a rear venetian blind.

564104_4880236088431_1132091654_n.jpg

The A/C compressor has been bypassed and it has a speedo that only works when it wants to.

The colour is horrible and flat but with a cut and polish it will come up nice, one thing i find weird though is that the boot garnish is painted the same colour as the car, i thought the base model was a grey garnish?

Plans so far are to replace the wheels, polish the crap out of it, get the a/c fixed and drive it.

Last edited:

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Although is the photo is on an annoying angle, that car looks quite good.

MontyVE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 MY12 SV6
Looks like a nice daily man...if it is your daily haha :/

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah she will be my daily, i normally ride a gsx750 to work, but riding in hot weather is crap. Might be converting it to LPG but i'll see about that one.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Looks good its also good having the interior intact so many times I've bought 80's and 90's cars all with cut marks up the doors, and looked crap

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i'm glad she didnt have speaker holes in the doors etc, it has 80's style speaker box on the parcel shelf, its in really good condition but the speakers sound like they have had it, so i'm going to replace the speakers in the box and leave it there as it suits the car with its venetian.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Sounds good I'm planning on turning my wagon into a bed on wheels lol just so when I'm on road trips I can crash out anywhere and won't have to pay for a room

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah i had a vr wagon that was an awesome car, drove like it was brand new, but i hung out the back of it by over a foot lol

MontyVE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 MY12 SV6
Sounds good I'm planning on turning my wagon into a bed on wheels lol just so when I'm on road trips I can crash out anywhere and won't have to pay for a room

Make sure you get a sleep maker matress. There filed with comfy ****