Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beige Bandit!

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
okay i want to tidy it up abit and first on the list is to get rid of the steering wheel with a brown one to suit the rest of the interior, so i'm thinking of one from a VN or VP Calais etc with the 4 spokes and holden lion on the front.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Leave the intirior standard even the bus wheel.! I love the mulberry colour!

Just bring the paint up then lower it with silver stockers and caps and black bars.!

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i do like how original it is, i think the steering wheel is from a car with a grey interior, doesnt match the mulberry so i'll just replace it with another mulberry one. The heater core sounds like it has some trapped air in it when i go around corners i get a gurgling noise from behind the dash, no leaks to be found though. Has a random stalling issue when i come to a stop or slow in traffic the revs with fluctuate and it will stall, but not all the time and there are no logged codes so i'm not sure what the problem is there, replacing the fuel filter to start with and see if it makes a difference.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I must say i have a soft spot for old cars in original condition.

Please try your best to keep it stock.

I foresee a UNIT sticker for some reason *sigh* ;)

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Every time I hit the new posts button and see the title "Beige Bandit" I have a little chuckle and think of Blacktown for some reason...

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, nah no unit stickers here, would like to do away with the newer hubcaps and find some silver chasers for it though, no sports exhaust or anything its nice having a commodore that sounds nothing like any others around here.. because they all have sports exhausts, i like having a car i can have a conversation in, not a yelling match lol

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Amazing what a Polish does!
vn.jpg

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn this thing drives smooth, only downside is the muffler baffles rattle, however the actual muffler casings are in good condition, infact they look almost new. Will have to get a new one from cat back but just a standard system.

Dont know what wheels i should run on this, if i keep it original looking i could spray the stockers gloss black ( original paperwork says it came with black wheels ) with chrome wheel nuts and holden centre caps, not really interested in alloys for it and the hubcaps on it have seen better days.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blew the cobwebs out of her saturday night on the freeway, very smooth to drive but i have a question about the speedo drive, doing 110kph the speedo working and all is good, then all of a sudden the note of the gearbox will change and the speedo stops working, like a load comes off the drive mechanism. I know there electronic but they still have a drive mechanism in the box, any ideas what would cause this?