Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beige Bandit!

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Sedan - The Beige Bandit!
I still have it! No Stickers on it though! Took the hubcaps off it as they were abit damaged, Needs a new front muffler, transmission mount and a speedo drive gear. Has abit of an idle issue where sometimes when i get off the gas the car will stall or when i come to a stop at the lights the idle will drop or pulse and stall, Not to sure what it is, its not spitting out any codes and i've already cleaned the IAC valve and throttle body.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
speedo sensor on teh box is the issue.
had the same problem on a vq stato (not my current one but a previous one)
plastic gear had chewed out and it'd stall when coming to a stop especially doing turns at roundabouts or turning around a couldersac.
for some reason the ecu still pay's attention to speed pulses and when it doesn't get it... it has idle issues.
Can't say i've noticed it on the road, what part of the central coast are you located?

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
The speedo will flick on and off when ever it feels like it, i wasnt sure if it was the speedo or the gear in the box that drives the speed sensor ( i'm used to toranas ) I'm down at Ettalong.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Beige Bandit has been trucking along, i had a slight coolant leak that got gradually worse to the point there was a puddle under the car from parking it overnight. I put it up on ramps and found not 1 weeping welsh plug but 2, i touched it with a long screwdriver and the plugs fell apart with a heap of scale behind them, i flushed the engine out and tapped some new plugs in and so far so good.

I put central locking in the front 2 doors only, really need it with the weather around here at the moment. But in doing so i broke this.

I'm abit over the later model hubcaps as they look abit shagged so the plans are to spray the 15's silver and add chrome dress rings and MAYBE some lowered springs. At this stage i'm just keeping her tidy as i need reliable transport. Some new tail lights and then i'm Not sure where to go from there apart from taking the tow bar off.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
i've thought about calais tail lights, i think they kind of look odd unless you have the calais boot garnish

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay new tail lights fitted, $49.99 from ebay for a pair of new berlina smoked ones. Wheels sprayed silver and i'm looking for some centre caps. Not sure if i should put a granny visor on it and some whitewalls or not.

JoshSvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
well looks like i might have to part with the VN, i have a datsun rally car i need to tow and the VN will only tow 1590kg :(