Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Best Car in the World (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Get a bunch of car journos together on the piss, ask them to vote which is the best car out at the moment and you get this Chinese POS?

mercedes-c-class_2015_WorldCarAwards_NYIAS.jpg

A vote by 75 motoring journalists from 22 countries has awarded the compact prestige car the World Car of the Year award for 2015.

It finished on top of a 24-car field and eventually beat the two other finalists, the Ford Mustang and Volkswagen Passat.

The WCOTY judging panel says: “Taking its design and technological cues from the S-Class, the C-Class employs an all-new aluminium/steel hybrid platform and updated rear-drive powertrains that delivers levels of refinement, luxury, safety, ride and handling that challenge best-in-class.”

WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR AWARDS 2015
Overall winner: Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Green Car: BMW i8
Performance Car: Mercedes-AMG GT
Luxury Car: Mercedes-Benz S Coupe
Design: Citroen Cactus

Hertz Donut

Reaction score
Members Ride
Beastmode VS Equipe
I never realised they were making them in China too. It's getting bloody hard to find anything that's not built there these days. I know there's a lot of oversight from head office and so on but I still can't help but get the feeling it's being assembled by a bunch of kids working 20 hours to make $1.20, 7 days a week, before eventually hurling themselves off the factory roof because they just can't take it any more.

#notracistbut

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
China is just one of the places this car is made, there are at least 5 other places this car is manufactured. Kinda makes sense when everybody is trying to sell more cars to China to just make them there anyway.

At this stage anyway a lot of the major manufactuers aren't bringing cars into Australia that have been made in China.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
News just in, European cars are designed well. Stay tuned for more at a 11 where they discuss cars that are made by Billy Bob have inefficient engines.

What a load of Eurocentric horse crap. What fricken cars are made by Billy Bob, Slayer?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So what would your pick be PIR4TE?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The Black Pearl of course !

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There are obviously "better" cars than the Mercedes in certain aspects, but when everything is considered as a whole, then the Mercedes won for a reason.

I like the Audi A8, I would own one of those in a heartbeat.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Just because it was made in China doesn't make it crap. They are lots of high quality products that used to be made in Europe, Australia, etc that are now made in China and are still good high quality products. It' doesn't mean that some crap still gets through though.

And the previous version of this car was a good all round drive in my opinion, this one should be too, if it is what does it matter if it's made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.