Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Bicycle Thread.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
They become narrower for lack of better wording. Ie a normal chain was 3/32. Can't remember which but it's 11/128. And I'd assume they are even narrower again.
12 speed is about the max on the rear if memory serves right. Often a 400-450% range across the gears.
Well they probably do have a greater side to side angle but its just a normal thing now.

I'd assume it's been designed in to counteract the wear or is just a given that youde change out a chain yearly.

I'm used to 1 gear though.
44-16.

sharada

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais Turbo
Far out, I have just taken my first look at XC bikes in a while. I bought my last one 20 years ago, and have just realised how much has changed in that time. I dragged my old rig out of storage and cleaned/serviced it for perhaps the first time in 15 years. Still works 100%.

Is there a condensed summarised list of what is the must have these days?

I'm half considering rocking the 26" and copping all the strange looks from the 29" crowd!

View attachment 255616
Thanks MasterOfReality, i used to race on downhill challenges but after a couple of accidents on my knees i had to lay back on big efforts.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I feel some spam cooking!